Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the Role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Compliance Analyst in Zip’s ANZ Legal and Compliance team. This role will support the running of the compliance program across Zip and will involve assisting Zip to meet its regulatory obligations, monitoring compliance with legislation and tracking any regulatory reforms that impact Zip, jointly managing external dispute resolutions and assisting monitoring.
This role sits within the Compliance team and will have exposure to all parts of Compliance, working closely with existing team members. You will work closely with Zip’s internal stakeholders (including Customer Service, Credit & Underwriting, Fraud, Product, Marketing).
This role would be perfect for someone who has a legal, compliance or financial background (or mid studies) who is looking to expand their career into the specialist field of compliance and have a meaningful impact on the business through your contribution.
In this role you will:
- Assist the existing Senior Compliance Analyst with the management of external customer complaints with AFCA, from investigation and review through to conciliation and resolution in accordance with our internal policies and AFCA rules.
- Shadow existing members of the team to learn all things compliance, ultimately putting you on a path to become a compliance specialist. This includes taking ownership of specific compliance related tasks and compliance program components, for example compliance plan monitoring , drafting letters, submissions and responses for clients, review direct and product marketing campaigns implemented throughout various media streams in the Australian and New Zealand marketplace; ensured campaigns adhered to local regulation, responded to ad hoc surveillance requests.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- A willingness to learn, ask the right questions and take ownership of matters
- Strong problem-solving skills, and tenacious attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to get across legal issues and new regulatory landscapes quickly.
- You have a can-do attitude and bring solutions to the table – You own it and Do it.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.