Senior Merchant Success Manager (Remote, Singapore)
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for 2 million merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
The Account Relationship Manager / Customer Success Manager (Merchant Success Manager) acts as a strategic advisor for all our Shopify Plus merchants across Southeast Asia. As a Merchant Success Manager, they are so much more than a traditional Account Manager. It is essential that they are passionate about the success of our merchants using the Shopify Plus platform, and that they leverage their role to help high-growth, high-volume merchants across these dynamic regions be successful. They will do this through developing strong relationships with merchants, and providing them with recommendations on how to build and implement the right tactics to move their business forward, both online and offline. They will also have the exciting opportunity to assist in helping grow the Shopify Plus Merchant Success approach throughout Asia, as well as being an advocate for the overall objective of increasing awareness for Shopify Plus in the region.
The responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development of strategic merchant partnerships and building a loyal base that actively advocates for Shopify Plus.
- Serve as cross-functional leader across Shopify – to ensure a unified, seamless merchant experience.
- Coach merchants to grow their business by partnering with them on goal development, and providing tailored and structured recommendations to achieve those goals.
- Identify areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Shopify features; recommending ways to best utilise Shopify’s solutions.
- Connect merchants with top Shopify Partners for custom design and development projects.
- Partner with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchants’ regional needs and requests.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of industry trends.
- At least 2-3 years proven experience in SaaS account management in both Southeast Asia and the broader Asia Pacific region.
- A solid understanding of domestic marketplaces, import/export practises and commerce expectations in the region.
- Strong business acumen and experience providing strategic advice to customers throughout Asia.
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of personalities, levels, and role capacities.
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; they should be merchant-focused in all that they do.
- Experience or training in managing small to mid sized projects; working with 35-45+ merchants and their big picture strategy.
- Experience, training, or exposure to programming languages, custom apps, APIs, etc.; working with multiple stakeholders and will need to speak their language.
- Experience or training in Digital Marketing (paid advertising, social media, SEO etc); you know the tactics that will drive results.
- Experience working with direct to consumer brands and omnichannel commerce
- Strong organizational, operational and project management skills.
- Technical aptitude – quick to develop a deep understanding of new software.
- Adept at navigating large complex organisations, matrixed decision-making, working with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and across global time zones.
- Proven ability to analyse complex situations and drive goals & action plans to lead merchants to achieve their key objectives.
- Demonstrate a high-degree of customer-centric thinking, behaviour and track record and experience working cross-functionally between sales, engineering, and support teams.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business