Data Products and Services Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Product & Technology, China team is looking for a strong technologist to join the team
Your experience in data products and services as well as data lake will be critical to your success in our hybrid cloud journey. You will build on your background for designing and implementing data products and data lake that has significant impact to our users and business. You will be innovative and hands-on as you work on cross functional teams to shape every aspect of PayPal China's infrastructure.Job Description:
- Responsible to design, build, operate and maintenance our data products and services which include SPDR, Unified data catalog, data movement, lighthouse analytics which is built on top of on-premise Hadoop echo system at massive scale.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, RCA, incident management of our data products and services
- Automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale environments on premise
- Work closely with data development teams to improve the operability and security of our systems
- Work closely with PayPal global teams to implement various data platform components
- 5+ years’ experience for MS; 4+ years’ experience for BS.
- Excellent in Java software development experience
- Solid hand-on skills on the Hadoop, spark, yarn, hive, airflow, Druid,
- Solid hand-on skills automating repetitive operational tasks using Python and/or shell. Mastering of at least one development language, such as Python or Shell.
- Good knowledge on Oracle, MySQL, Tomcat, Apache
- Good knowledge on Kafka
- Experience in Tableau, Qlik Sense, R
- Experience in Jupiter Notebook
- Excellent documentation and verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English
- Experience in payments and financial services compliance, regulatory governance, payments ecosystems, payment processing flows is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal