Manager, Account Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business DevelopmentOverview
Working as part of a dynamic team responsible for business development initiatives and relationship management, across both retail and commercial partnerships, this role comprises of two key elements – new business and growing existing partnerships.
New business initiatives are founded through a collaborative and creative solution-selling approach, working with the evolving needs of the industry; the account management element of the role is to deepen engagement, drive growth and deliver innovation across our partnerships.
This position requires a self-motivated, organised and commercially pragmatic individual. Strong relationship management and influencing skills are crucial to partner with new and existing clients, in addition to Mastercard’s cross-functional teams.
As part of a cohesive team, we all share the responsibility to meet the changing needs of the Mastercard business within New Zealand and work towards achieving short and long-term objectives as a collective business.
In this client-facing role, you will:
• Drive sales of new product, solutions and services to meet client needs, including problem solving and creative thinking.
• Represent Mastercard to a diverse range of potential partners from banks to fintechs
• Research prospective customers’ existing business through profitability modelling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis
• Prepare and deliver compelling sales proposals to prospective customers
• Support the execution and management of the customer contract agreement process, through legal review, negotiation, proposal amendment, completion, licensing and onboarding
• Deliver strategic account management, working with the client and Mastercard teams to identify new solutions, product enhancements and services opportunities that improve revenue generation, product experience and enhance mutual profitability
• Develop strategic and operational account plans, and execute these to ensure business and financial objectives are achieved
• Oversee implementation of any new products, product enhancements or services with the client
• Assist in setting of marketing and product strategies and roadmaps for product innovation; tracking delivery against the client’s and Mastercard’s objectives
• Foster strong internal relationships within Mastercard to enable the client to achieve their business goals and differentiate Mastercard from competitors
• Develop trusted partnerships with clients at both senior/executive and middle management levels, to identify challenges and issues, develop and propose opportunities that enhance mutual profitability
• Ensure that all Mastercard Rules, Franchise requirements and procedures are followed
• The role will be based in Auckland, some travel may be required.
All About You
• Adaptable with the ability to manage multiple priorities through solid organisation skills
• Sales competence with proven influencing and negotiation skills – experience in RFP’s is highly desirable
• Demonstrable consultative client relationship skills across all levels of a partner organisation, with ability to gain a deep understanding of their business needs and pro-actively address these needs
• Proficient in developing and successfully implementing quantifiable business plans
• Experience and competence with building numerically accurate and logically sound business cases to support the internal and external sales process
• Success in aligning multiple stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, Consulting, Delivery and Product) across a business, with the ability to integrate knowledge across disciplines
• Logical and detailed thinker with good active listening skills and well-developed business acumen
• Superior interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including strong presentation skills, both virtually and face-to-face
• Confident, proactive personality; demonstrated persistence in identifying and resolving issues and developing opportunities and solutions
• Ability to understand and operate in a fast-paced payments environment with a good understanding of the payments and cards industry, its key competitive forces, future trends, and financial drivers is essential
• An active interest in data and data services, digital, loyalty, processing, cyber and security will be an advantage for this role.Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities