Senior Backend Engineer - Risk
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple installments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 100,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 14 million active customers globally. The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where it is called Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to create an economy where everybody wins 🚀
We are building our tech teams in Melbourne, Sydney, San Francisco and Shanghai. We’re team players, committed to fast-paced quality work, and we’re looking for people who are keen to be part of something new as it rapidly grows to sky-high limits.
Afterpay has a unique opportunity for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Risk & DS engineering team with the ability to make an immediate impact on our product. This Engineer will influence many aspects of our business through architecting our core risk systems. This is an exciting opportunity to make a direct, tangible impact on our product and work on projects that are pivotal to our team’s success and our company’s growth.
- Responsible for designing, building, and owning the services and infrastructure that manages Afterpay’s financial risk.
- You will build web applications, design highly available services, and work with complex distributed systems
- Collaborate with product managers, data analysts, data scientists on planning and implementing frictionless user experiences
- BA/MS/PhD in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of Experience in building and maintaining applications that utilize a modern programming language, mainly Java, Kotlin and Python
- Experience in architecting large scale distributed system
- Familiarity with popular technologies, for example Spring boot, gRPC, Kafka, Redis, Cassandra and so on
- Enthusiastic about solving business problems with technology and can take ownership of an end-to-end solution
- Passionate about continuously learning new technologies, frameworks, and services
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.