Director, Information Security
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial wellbeing.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
As the Director or Information Security at Zip, you will own the day to day operations and delivery of outcomes aligned with our local security strategy. You’ll get the chance to work with best in class tools, lead a motivated and switched on team, while exploring new and innovative ways to keep Zip safe!
In this role, you will:
- Conduct identity, access management, and security reviews and make recommendations to senior leadership team
- Work with the wider Engineering leadership teams to have a deep understanding of our platforms and tools
- Manage and enhance our SIEM and SOC functions
- Work across our compliance programs including Australian Privacy legislation and PCI
- Help build Zip's cyber security polices and operationalize them
- Lead and mentor a team of motivated and talented Security Engineers
Your skills and experience:
- 10+ years' experience being hands on in Information Security with at least 2+ years leading teams
- A technical understanding of networks, applications, operating systems, databases, etc.
- Ability to influence and communicate with stakeholders of all different backgrounds and experience
- Working knowledge of information security standards such as PCI, NIST, ISO 20001, SOC, and DFS
- Experience auditing technical controls such as End Point Security, SIEM, and Vulnerability Management
- Previous experience making recommendations on cyber security policies
- A passion for people leadership and helping your teams grow and learn
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.