Beijing Data Center Support Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The China Operations and Infrastructure group is responsible for supporting the high availability, and reliability of Visa China’s technology infrastructure. The Data Center Support Lead will lead a team of Datacenter Operation Team members and suppliers/vendors, in planning, installation, deployment, relocation, reconfiguration, and de-installation of open system and legacy system infrastructure, all Network System peripherals and network equipment, and cabling infrastructure in Visa data center in Beijing. He/She will also be responsible for working with colocation datacenter service provider to maintain a high reliable and resilient data center facility environment to ensure the high availability of Visa system infrastructure and operation.
- Participate project meetings with SMEs from both global and local Visa O&I teams, to discuss sizing requests for the installation of hardware and cabling infrastructure.
- Lead the Datacenter Operation Team members and hardware/cabling suppliers to coordinate installation of hardware, network hardware and cabling systems
- Provide primary support and troubleshooting of hardware problems
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and skills to diagnose and coordinate repairs of channel connectivity problems and other CPU /OPEN SYSTEMS/Network to switched peripheral channel connectivity problems
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and skills to diagnose and repair of network cabling systems
- Coordinate vendor support on hardware problems, maintenance and upgrades.
- Utilizing problem and change management system and internal guidelines, will insure that all changes and problems are accurately managed and tracked
- Work with Visa asset management team in receiving and registering Visa asset
- Utilizing Asset Management and DCIM, will manage and track network and hardware inventory,
locations and status for all mainframe/open systems/ network and peripheral equipment
- Provide physical layouts of the computer complex and updates as requested for planning purposes and to reflect the actual current environment
- Provide updates of the physical layout of equipment and cabling systems utilizing the DCIM documentation tool.
- Create planning diagrams of proposed hardware configurations as needed for installation and maintenance purposes
- Document operational guidelines, and troubleshooting procedures for all Hardware, Cabling and Media management
- As the Subject Matter Expert work with other SMEs and Vendors and build a working rapport.
- Prepare RFI/RFP and request quotes for maintenance.
- Document process and procedures and ensure that all possible infrastructure scenarios are addressed and solutions are documented.
- Working with Channel Partner to manage the Datacenter Operation Team members, including their shift schedule and KPI, performance review and other HR related processes.
- Manage colocation datacenter vendor’s facility operation and maintenance works, including service level management, SOP, EOP emergency response drills and reports
- Work with Visa team members and colocation datacenter vendor in periodic audit/inspections required by regulators, 3rd party and/or Visa internal auditors.
- Collaborate/Partner with the Visa engineering team and vendors to assess new technologies and their impact to the data center infrastructure from a space, power, cooling, and structured cabling perspective.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- University Recruiting: MBA/ PhD without experience
- Experience working hands on with hardware (i.e. storage and server products)
- Experience working with network hardware and cabling systems in a Data Center environment.
- A working knowledge of IP networks and network topologies
- A working knowledge of the operation, installation and maintenance of (Dell, Arista, HP, CISCO, etc) server products and associated peripheral devices
- A working knowledge of the operation, installation and maintenance of DASD platforms (Dell EMC, HITACHI).
- Knowledge of TIA-942 standards and BICSI best practices; must have working knowledge of CAT6a, Multi-Mode and Single Mode OM4 characteristics and limitation for data transmission and receive and insertion lose.
- Experience in installation management and vendor management in large scale Datacenters
- On Call 24 X 7 Support
- Proficiency in English is preferred.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions