Advisors Client Services - Consultant
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Advisors Client Services - Consultant
Job Description Summary
Are you a strategic thinker, do you welcome challenges and have a solution-oriented mindset, do you thrive working in teams and partnering with clients to drive innovation, impact and value? If you said “yes”, Mastercard Data & Services is looking for people like you to join our growing team. Speak to us to find out more about the engaging and impactful career opportunities in consulting with Mastercard’s Data & Services team!
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
While specializing in the payments industry and providing strategic support to financial services clients, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, fintechs, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network. We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for impactful consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as Consultant
As a Consultant, You Will Have The Opportunity To Actively Contribute To Client Engagements Across a Range Of Industries And Types Of Projects
- Contributes towards the development of strategies and programs for large, strategically important regional and global clients
- Independently identifies issues in defined area of analysis, structures analysis with oversight and synthesizes own analysis and identifies relevant implications
- Supports development of recommendations, and prepares presentations, and delivers them to clients
- Understands immediate clients’ needs and agenda to provide creative input into project
- Develops day-to-day working relationship with entry-level clients
- Identifies engagement risks in immediate area of responsibility
- Supports intellectual capital development from client work and incorporate insights from related intellectual capital/project initiatives
- Contributes to proposal preparation
- Identifies client challenges and brings ideas on opportunities to the attention of project managers
In supporting the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will work closely with team members of various levels and contribute to the firm's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We Recruit For And Value The Following Core Competencies
- Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
- Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
- Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, with a focus on creating value for clients and Mastercard.
- Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win and positive attitude.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree
- First experience working in consulting (full-time or internships)
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form impactful solutions to ambiguous client challenges
- Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and Japanese
- Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, exposure to data analytics methods preferred
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities