Senior Systems Platform Engineer (Linux/DevOps)
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Systems Platform Engineer (Linux/DevOps)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Distributed Platform organization at Mastercard is looking for a Senior System Platform Engineer. The Senior System Platform Engineer will have proven experience architecting, designing, and implementing Linux server based solutions. The position includes skills in automation, deployment, and maintaining the lifecycle of the platform. The Senior Systems Platform Engineer is mostly focused in engineering activities, but will act as escalated support when needed by the Operations team.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Basic to proficient knowledge in engineering the test automation frameworks in collaboration with team members or other IT departments including identify efficiencies in automation, implementation of automation to improve efficiencies and measuring efficiencies for improvement.
- Basic knowledge in engineering the support and maturation of workflows including designing, building, implementing, and optimizing CI/CD pipelines.
- Proficient knowledge with a proven track record in engineering the design, test, and implementation of automation for internal processes in Operating System management, Patch Management, and/or Configuration Management on physical and virtual infrastructure and operating systems.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and proven track record in engineering the Patch management lifecycle with ability to prepare, curate, stage, test and implement enterprise patching on operating systems.
- Proficient knowledge and ability to create and/or modify scripts to provide automation, diagnostics, or logging for operational tasks that is standardized on behalf of the department.
- Proficient knowledge in engineering the operating system management lifecycle in preparing, curating, testing and implementing new operating system images.
- Proficient knowledge and ability to partner with Information Security in defining, designing, implementing and supporting Mastercard security policy standards and help enforce compliance with program teams.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge and proven ability in installing, configuring and maintaining physical and virtual servers in an environment.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge in developing and implementing backup and disaster recovery strategies.
- Proficient collaboration skills in partnering with program teams to define requirements for Engineering efforts including purchasing based on requirements.
- Proficient collaboration skills in partnering closely with Operations as third tier support in trouble-shooting networking, operating systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
- Proficient technical leadership skills in areas of expertise and mentor more junior team members in terms of best practices and Mastercard processes.
- Basic to proficient knowledge in developing processes and documentation to help increase functionality and efficiency of available infrastructure.
- Basic to proficient skills in creating and maintaining documentation for procedures, configurations, and programs.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- System administration experience with Linux servers in physical and virtualized environments
- Experience with automation technologies like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, and/or Shell scripting
- Basic to intermediate skills coding in Ansible, Chef, Bash, Python or Ruby.
- Engineering Linux solutions
- Communication and documentation skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities