Senior Financial Analyst
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is seeking a strong finance business partner with experience supporting business unit leaders to be our future Senior Financial Analyst for the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team.
The ideal candidate will support the functional and vertical leaders in the APAC region, along with other duties as required. This candidate is able to create and utilise data driven analysis that holds the senior leaders of the business accountable to delivering budget targets. This candidate possesses effective communication skills, is self motivated, is highly organised to meet deadlines, can extract insights from large and multiple data sets, can develop and maintain complex excel models and is passionate about growing the P&L.
This is your chance to build a successful career within a fast growing tech company where your work will have a direct and visible impact on the results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the fiscal review of performance in the APAC region
- Active involvement in managing the budgeting, forecasting and long term planning process
- Perform deep analysis and scorecard against budget/forecast monthly and quarterly
- Prepare monthly management reports which are reviewed by executive team
- Review the month’s financial performance compared to budget with the business unit leads, providing financial guidance and/or interpretation of the department’s financial performance
- Identify and communicate financial/operational trends that represent a significant impact to the business and possible and “what if” scenarios
- Identify opportunities or areas of financial underperformance, conduct an in depth analysis and make appropriate recommendations
- Support the business strategically by performing ROI analysis on investment opportunities, and tracking/reporting on the performances of the initiatives
- Create user friendly tools to track performance and allow for quick forecasting turnaround
- Ensure that the business processes in place enable accurate financial information and put in place necessary corrective measures in a timely manner
- Ability to multitask and work quickly while being able to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- Work and collaborate cross functionally with Finance, Business Partners and the Corporate Team
- Understand the competitive landscape that Lightspeed competes within and assist with market analysis
- Where required submit financial reports to the Controllership team, identifying and providing commentary on key drivers
And a little bit of....
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned; such as assessment of new business activities or change of process
- Assist with special requests from the executive team
- Contributing as part of the wider team to achieve organisational objectives even if this means doing things that aren’t strictly within the scope of your role.
What you need to bring:
You will be stepping into a growing team that has a passion for helping businesses thrive. We operate in the APAC market and we build solutions for business owners who are looking to adopt Lightspeed for their business.
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Expert knowledge in Excel is a must
- 3+ years in progressive financial analysis experience
- Experience with developing, maintaining and reporting results of a P&L
- Experience as a finance business partner supporting senior leadership
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication to interact with all levels of management
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Dog-friendly environment
- Full self-service cafe and fully stocked fridge of different craft beers
- Awesome office space located in Chippendale, NSW
Please note that we ask applicants to disclose any criminal convictions, and we conduct criminal record checks as part of our hiring process for this role.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Lightspeed handles your information in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Statement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The one-stop commerce platform for merchants to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences.