Senior Data Engineer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This position is ideal for an engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Payment Products Development team focusing on design and development of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development, and testing of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop code to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Perform other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
We are seeking team members that are passionate, visionary and insatiably inquisitive. Successful candidates frequently have a mix of the following qualifications:
- 2 or more years of work experience in building large-scale applications using open source technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters) in Computer Science/ Engineering, Information Science or a related discipline
- Extensive experience with SQL and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Java, Spark, Kafka, Hive etc.) tools for large scale data processing and data transformation
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, or other programs highly desired
- Familiar with software design patterns
- Experience working in an Agile and Test-Driven Development environment
- Strong knowledge of API development is highly desired
- Strategic thinker and good business acumen to orient data engineering to the business needs of internal and external clients
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail, team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Previous exposure to financial services is a plus, but not required
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions