Senior Financial Accountant
We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving - with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As the Senior Financial Accountant, you will be a central member of the Financial Control team, working closely with Management across the business to deliver on the financial objectives. You'll play a pivotal role in our day-to-day operations, month end process and half-yearly reporting, preparing our financial statements, being a key point of contact for our auditors and assisting with our regulatory reporting and tax submissions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Contributing to an efficient and high-quality month-end close, with ownership of revenue, expected credit losses, intangibles, share based payments and taxation.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual and half yearly financial statements
- Being a key point of contact during the Group’s external audit and review process, preparation of technical accounting papers and coordinating delivery of audit requirements.
- Preparing management papers for presentation to the board, including application of accounting standards and discussion of any significant transactions
- Partnering with Technology and Product teams to ensure accuracy of costs being capitalised
- Providing ongoing support to the business as part of the day-to-day operations of the Financial Control team including funds processing for our customers, investors, and partners.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Group’s income tax returns
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of the Group’s ongoing compliance requirements, including APRA regulations and licence (AFSL) conditions.
- Contributing to continuous process improvement across both accounting processes and operational efficiency to support the fast-paced scaling business
What You'll Need To Succeed
- CA qualified
- Big 4 audit background with ASX experience is desirable
- Sound understanding of Australian Accounting Standards and local Tax regulations
- Be a great communicator and collaborator
- A passion for process improvement and a desire to embrace change for the better.
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite and Blackline a plus
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What We Offer
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working
- Seasonal programs @ Prospa (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts…)
- Team and company-wide social events
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities & study assistance
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We keep small business moving.