Senior Technical Business Analyst
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Business Analyst to join a newly established project to develop and improve Verifone EFTPOS and eCommerce gateway in New Zealand. Being successful in this role will enable you to be part of a dynamic and capable technology team. Payment gateway processing is complex, but the outcomes and delivery can be deeply gratifying. We require someone who can analyze, design and document gateway solution requirements for the delivery of existing and future functionality changes. You will need an understanding of solutions from an end to end perspective and contribute to the improvement of business efficiency and productivity. You will provide product expertise, undertake process analysis, design, and documentation.
What you'll do
- Performs business and systems analysis activities for solution features as required by the team.
- Contribute to the delivery of quality and usable payments solutions to all users and external customers.
- Ensures key stakeholders are appropriately engaged and consulted around key decisions, trade-offs and direction taken.
- Establish, maintain and extend relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across the payments industry. Seeks to align NZ with other regional payment and product strategies within the Verifone group.
- Protect the financial integrity of all applications connected to the Verifone network.
- Elicit requirements from multiple sources by reviewing external specifications, using interviews, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases etc.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from various sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true requirements.
- Actively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: functional and non-functional documentation, user stories, acceptance criteria.
- Utilise your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams. Maintain a high level of engagement with the business
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with business representatives and other technical teams
- Work closely with others within the delivery team and assist and peer review where required.
- Ensure alignment and understanding of the development methodology
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Payments industry knowledge.
- Understanding of the key principles of software development lifecycle (SDLC) including a working knowledge of delivery methodologies. Particularly agile (Kanban and scrum).
- Understanding of a combination of microservice and traditional interfacing approaches (APIs, ISO messaging)
- Possesses sophisticated analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to investigate complex issues and ensure appropriate responses are taken.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a passion for working in highly collaborative environments.
- Proven leader with skills of driving to continuously improving practices and methods within the team and wider organization.
- Knowledge of service management methods for supporting external parties in delivery and operations.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Verifone solves the world’s most complex payment challenges every day