Finance and Strategy Senior Analyst - APAC Global Sales
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Finance & Strategy improves financial and operational decision-making across Block. We are seeking a Senior Finance & Strategy Analyst to support our Global Sales function within the APAC region, which sits within the Seller Organization and guides our larger sellers’ journey onto Square. This role will report to our Finance & Strategy Sales Lead based in San Francisco. This role can be based in our Melbourne office or be full-time remote within Australia.
- Build / maintain operational models that provide insight into Sales investment, team payback, and return on investment, and help build our Sales strategy for expansion into new markets
- Forecast team performance and report results, including retrieving data through SQL, analyzing large datasets, and communicating key takeaways to senior team members
- Partner with Sales leadership to optimize sales efficiency, including identifying key trends and KPIs that allow for actionable changes to our strategy, within mature and growing markets across the US and internationally
- Lead other ad-hoc analyses that provide value to a fast-growing Sales team
- 3+ years of strategic finance or relevant experience
- Proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (there will be a case study)
- Ability to engage with team members and stakeholders at all levels
- Commitment to Square's purpose of Economic Empowerment
- Experience with payments industry is a plus
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker) is a plus
- Conversant in Japanese
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.