Channel Partnerships Director
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Channel Partnerships team in Australia is responsible for expanding and managing Airwallex’s partner relationships, specifically across three core industries: Accounting, Start-Ups & e-commerce. Airwallex’s partner relationships drive brand awareness, customer acquisition as well as various forms of product integrations and co-marketing opportunities. We are seeking a highly strategic, creative and data driven Director, Channel Partnerships to lead the AU Partnerships team.
The Director, Channel Partnerships will be responsible for building Airwallex’s reputation amongst partners in the Australian market. This candidate will come with deep experience in one or more of the team’s dedicated verticals and have a strong existing network of partners. Based in Australia, this role will work closely with other leaders in the SME Commercial organisation.
What You'll Do
- Acquire and enhance Airwallex’s relationships with key partners, particularly within e-commerce, accounting & the start-up space.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders within Airwallex, including Commercial, Strategy and Operations where required to deliver maximum impact through the partnerships program.
- Deliver and execute on a plan to activate Airwallex’s partner network at scale with accountability of the team’s growth targets.
- Lead and help build a growing team of Channel Partnership Managers.
- Evaluate and report on performance of the Channel Partnerships team and communicate insights and opportunities for improvement.
Who You Are
- You are results-driven and hold yourself accountable for delivering on growth targets.
- You are a proactive self-starter and are able to identify, plan and execute strategic partnership opportunities.
- You can navigate through ambiguity and change and are excited to be part of a fast-paced company that’s experiencing hyper-growth.
- You are personable and effective at communicating and managing relationships with external partners.
- You have excellent written, verbal and in-person communication skills.
What You'll Bring
- 10-15 years’ experience in partnership, sales, marketing or business development. Experience in negotiation and partnership proposal development preferred.
- 6 years of leading or managing a team.
- Experience in strategy or working in tech or a fast growing start-up would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience of working with cross-functional teams and delivering strong business results in previous roles.
- Existing relationships / strong network with referral partners in technology, e-commerce, accounting or start-ups.
What You'll Get
- At Airwallex, you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech
- You’ll be offered a competitive salary, commissions structure & all the tools to allow you to do your best work
- You will have the support from a seasoned management team who cares about your career growth
- We want our employees to bring their best self to work & deliver the best outcomes so we offer restricted stock units to new starters
- Monthly Airwallex allowance on an Employee Card
- A collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen for breakfast & lunch
- The ability to make an impact and the freedom to be creative. in a rapidly growing, global fintech.
- Regular team building and social events to enjoy more face to face time with colleagues
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime