Manager - Blockchain and Digital Assets
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager - Blockchain and Digital Assets
All About Us
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry’s most passionate, motivated & engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
The Blockchain and Digital Assets group in APAC is leading Mastercard's cutting edge strategy to bring forward the future of payments technology and make it a reality. The team has a program of research and product development to drive our multi-rail strategy with the best of what blockchain has to offer.
The role includes program management, governance and product commercialization activities to support regional implementation goals and build readiness for scale, the person will also be a “go-to” contact for education, thought leadership, and regional product knowledge.
To deliver these objectives the role would involve working with colleagues in other teams in Product, Cyber & Intelligence and Data & Services.
This Manager Role Requires The Candidate To
‣ Support the commercialization and regional development of innovative blockchain and digital asset solutions that have strategic fit and value to Mastercard's customers and partners, including evaluation of the business value of solution concepts for Mastercard and its customers
‣ Specific programs included in the role cover Crypto Card Programs, CBDC, Approval Rates & Acceptance, NFTs and Metaverse and plus supporting future strategy for supporting digital currency on Mastercard rails
‣ Take ownership of driving conversations in assigned markets with Digital assets ecosystem, regulators, banks and fintechs.
‣ Lead and develop product innovation and commercialization plans for incremental features to existing products to support Digital Payment priorities and goals
‣ Establish shared vision across the company by influencing and building consensus among the various stakeholders
‣ Understand technology trends in Digital and provide insight & analysis to the implications to Digital product and channel partners
‣ Work cross functionally with teams in C & I, Digital Asset and Digital to understand their product and services roadmap and assess the applicability and impact to the APAC region
All About You
‣ MBA or Masters Degree preferred
‣ Deep experience in digital assets with proven success in defining new products and generating adoption.
‣ Proven ability to develop complex strategic go-to-market plans and execute on those plans.
‣ Operational understanding of payments
‣ Ability to leverage technical knowledge & real-world experience to solve complex business problems.
‣ Excellent problem solving and project management skills.
‣ Proven ability to build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers
‣ Ability to influence people at multiple levels and navigate a global, decentralized organization
‣ Strong verbal and written communication skills
‣ Ability to develop creative solutions for customer needs across multiple products and services.
‣ Regional travel required.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities