Compliance Specialist (Screening)
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a Operations Analyst, we want to hear from you.
You're an individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
The compliance-risk control framework includes financial crime compliance and regulatory compliance. Financial crime focus is on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF), Sanctions & Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), and on the associated Know Your Customer (KYC) and Know Your Customer’s Business (KYC/B) & Counterparty Due Diligence (CDD) obligations including primarily but not limited to: -
- On-boarding counterparty due diligence
- Transactional monitoring
- Sanctions screening
- Suspicious activity identification, monitoring and reporting
What We Expect Of You, Day To Day.
- Develop an understanding of Visa Payments business operations and payment processes
- Identify and internally escalate actual or suspected sanctions matches, assisting and supporting other analysts within the team
- Ensure sanction queries are sent in a timely manner in line with our internal SLAs and deadlines set
- Identify trends and use data to suggest improvements to effectively resolve service issues, escalating appropriately.
- Assist with the development of management information in alignment with regulatory and internal policy/risk expectations
- Assist with the review of new controls to mitigate risks and reduce false positives to improve efficiency across the team.
- Ensuring clients are within legal parameters and not undertaking ML or criminal activities. For example, using screening and monitoring systems to assess client legitimacy.
- Identifying, managing & escalating suspected and actual money laundering, sanctions breaches and fraud cases through the relevant escalation path.
- Ensuring the compliance risk control framework remains aligned with external legislation.
- Conducting and/or overseeing compliance monitoring reviews and audits.
- Promoting and providing advice on best compliance practice within critical business areas.
- Exemplifying the company values and promoting them in all areas of the role, within and without the function.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Basic Qualifications :
- years of relevant experience.
What we’re after…
- Specific qualifications are not detailed. All qualifications offered will be considered regarding their applicability (Vocational Qualifications etc.)
- Previous experience in financial/corporate sector payments, FX and/or compliance
- Understanding of IT systems, operational and/or product development payment processes, especially in e-Commerce environments for retail and/or corporate payments
Your Personal Attributes
- Courteous and friendly nature (team player)
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Recognises the importance of attention to detail (regulatory environment)
- Motivated to learn
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow a process driven task
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the Philippines who are required to work on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or is as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions