Head of Strategic Partnerships, Asia Pacific
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We're looking for a Head of Strategic Partnerships for Asia Pacific to be based in Singapore, to lead a team, and own our vital strategic relationships across the region.
- Lead a world-class team of Partner Managers and ensure they are set up for success and exhibit Airwallex’s values through their work internally and with external stakeholders
- Lead, develop, own, refine, and implement a partnerships strategy that aligns with and supports our overall business vision
- Manage our most strategically important partnership opportunities in the region, both existing and new, and own executive-level relationships
- Understand the competitive landscape to ensure that Airwallex remains a ‘partner-of-choice’ and proactively present recommendations to executive management
- Be the main point of contact in the organization of the partnerships for our local GM and ensure the team is executing strategically important partnership initiatives aligned with the regional commercial objectives.
- Coordinate due diligence processes with prospective partners and project-manage internal stakeholders through commercial, product, and systems assessment
- Position yourself as an industry expert and establish relationships with potential partners and key decision-makers in the industry
- You will serve as a regional expert while considering our global footprint.
Who You Are
- You are an exceptional communicator – being able to connect with people at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and communicate project expectations effectively is critical
- You thrive under pressure – and work well with constant change and the ambiguity of a startup environment
- You have strong negotiation skills – to navigate complex commercial discussions to ensure the best outcome for Airwallex
- You can effectively lead a diverse team - of individuals who are specialists in their respective domains to achieve desired outcomes with the strategic partners they each manager
- You have a strong network - of partners, experts and executives you have worked with over the years in a primarily partnerships role
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime