Finance and Strategy Manager - APAC Global Marketing & Brand
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager to support our APAC Marketing Team. This role is based in Australia and will focus on supporting our business across the APAC region. You will report to our Finance & Strategy Marketing Lead based in the US. Finance & Strategy team members have an intimate understanding of Square’s business. We gain this by leveraging tools like Excel, SQL, and Looker to evaluate customer and financial trends, answer business questions with data-driven insights, and communicate actionable recommendations.
- Apply expertise of Square's business model to:
- Create analyses that encourage clear decision-making
- Forecast performance, including all trends
- Surface strategic insights for partners
- Help inform Square's investment capacity
- Report results and communicate essential takeaways to senior team members, including identifying opportunities or risks
- Analyze data from SQL databases and collaborate across Marketing, Data Science, and Business Intelligence (among other teams) to understand complex relationships between key drivers of our business
- Be the primary Finance Business Partner (FBP) for the key marketing teams within our International markets, collaborating across all levels and departments
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another relevant field
- 4+ years of experience focused on financial modeling 2+ years Strategic Finance experience
- Advanced proficiency in excel (can perform complex functions)
- Engage with team members of all levels
- Commitment to Square's purpose of Economic Empowerment
- Experience with SQL/comfort working with large data sets and creating data visualizations
- Experience with software, internet, payments or financial technology industry
- Experience with international markets
- Conversant in Japanese
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.