Principal Technical Consultant (Cloud)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re passionate about helping banks to perform better, so we solely focus on creating banking software. Temenos offers cloud-native, cloud-agnostic, API-first digital banking, core banking, payments, fund management, and wealth management software products, enabling banks to deliver consistent, frictionless customer journeys and achieve market-leading cost/income performance. Our products combine the richest end-to-end packaged country model bank functionality and the most advanced technology, helping our clients go-live faster, giving them the freedom to innovate and deliver personalized experiences.
We are technology first, with 700+ published APIs, we partner with 100+ Fintechs in our marketplace. We have been recognized year after year by Gartner, IBS, and Forrester for our award-winning solutions.
Temenos is the 4th largest European Software company, with over 3000 clients in 150 countries. We are proud of our 7500+ Temenosians working across the globe to make banking better!
THE ROLEThe role is known both internally and externally as either Lead technical Architect (LTA) or Solution Architect or Principal Technical Consultant. The position is a senior role within a Temenos SaaS / Cloud delivery team with responsibility for establishing and communicating the overall appl. architectural and non-functional solution design in the cloud platform. The role is complementary to the Platform Architect / Cloud solution architect role and may also start from the pre-contract scoping phase, continuing through the implementation on a full-time assisting across various cloud projects.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIESActing as an architectural leader and trusted advisor to Clients. To design viable technical solutions compatible with business solutions, agreed requirements, contractual obligations and project plans.
- To be commercially astute when engaging and advising a Client.
- To act as an ambassador for Temenos product solutions throughout a customer engagement. To identify, evaluate and offer mitigation strategies for technical risks.
- Providing expert advice and guidance to Clients on the optimal implementation of Temenos products on Temenos cloud, thus achieving the desired non-functional characteristics such as online and COB performance, high availability, disaster recovery and associated testing strategy.
- Representing Temenos Cloud within the project/ program Design Authority to promote the benefits of a solution based on established Cloud Reference. Architectures, Core Product and Model Bank, and adhering to the governing principles agreed between Temenos and the Client for the project.
- Providing an effective link between the project team and Development Teams and the Cloud Technology Product Group in respect of Reference Architecture and Sizing information.
- Helping the Cloud Delivery Manager, Project Manager & Project/Program teams to prevent scope creep, eliminating the design and delivery of inconsistent solutions, and providing transparency on the entire solution design process in Temenos Cloud for applications.
- Helping to ensure that the Technical Consulting and architectural elements of Temenos Implementation Methodology (TIM) for Cloud are understood by Client and adhered to by project team members. Helping the Cloud Delivery Manager & Project Manager to negotiate and agree any specific technical or architectural divergences from TIM with the Client.
- Represent Temenos Cloud team in project/program A&D workshops to propose & review the technical solutions for cloud where needed.
- Liaise with cloud security & compliance teams for seeking necessary approvals & guidance for implementing the solutions in cloud to meet industry standards.
- Review and supervision of technical System Amendment Requests (SARs), and process changes (L1/L2 Developments) covered for Cloud.
- Working closely with Client, cloud delivery team, project team members and Regional and Local development teams (L2 & L3) to develop a robust and viable cloud appl. architecture related to customer value and business benefit.
- Taking ownership for applying leading practice in terms of methodology and component re-use, covering the whole Temenos footprint.
- Coaching and mentoring of Technical Consultants. Providing advice and guidance to the cloud teams on best practices, environment management and release control between various pre-live environments.
- Obtaining project team / client agreement on proposed technical cloud solutions including end to end process overviews.
- Completing Solution Design Document for technical areas as defined in work package for cloud requirements.
- Reviewing technical solution for customization and configuration needs for TEMENOS products as per agreed technical definitions and assess any impact to cloud.
- Reviewing architectural schemas and Interface design during the Technical Process Analysis phase of the project and assess impact to cloud.
- Present solutions to Cloud architecture board for solution approvals. Supporting Non-functional (NFT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on projects.
- Liaising with the TEMENOS maintenance groups to ensure that the product problems identified are understood and resolved.
- Lead & support the performance tuning activity for cloud clients during the project phase and ensure the SLA’s & Exit criteria are met prior to Golive.
- Should be seen by Clients and colleagues as a thought leader within the cloud team and by his/her peers within Temenos.
- Master tasks and technical problems on a wide range of complex issues and prove general proficiency in the tools, systems, procedures required to accomplish the job.
- Lead the installation of custom enhancements and give final validation on technical set-up and conduct necessary testing to ensure user acceptance and global quality of the solution delivered.
- SKILLS & EXPERIENCEEducational & Proficiency level: Professional with a minimum of seven years of experience in software technical consultancy including T24 implementation experience in a banking environment.
- Understanding of RDBMS; knowledge of MSSQL, DB2 and Oracle..
- Understands at a good level industry concepts such as:
- Java VMs and artefacts (WAR and EAR files), performance tuning, JMS;
- Concepts for Integration, ESB, Orchestration, Even driven messaging etc.;
- Componentisation of applications;
- Concepts for Internet Security, Intranet security, cryptography, data tampering, firewalls;
- Single Sign On concepts / supported solutions, LDAP / Active Directory;
- Web Services / API’s, CI / CD, DevOps;
- Penetration; stress and performance testing;
- Product knowledge: Temenos portfolio with expert knowledge in one specific product together with a willingness and ability to master other Temenos products that from our product suite like Analytics, FCM, Channels etc., Knowledge of general Architecture of T24 and related interfaces.
- Strong awareness of Industry and market developments, good overall company knowledge.
- Cloud Knowledge: Having knowledge of any cloud platform (Azure, AWS etc.,) will be an added advantage.
- Other: This job involves complex activities demanding considerable coordination to effectively achieve the jobs end results. Awareness of other jobs in the cloud team is necessary as the job activities either influence or are influenced by these.
- WHY TEMENOSYou will work at the cutting edge of technology innovation; we challenge the status quo and are transforming banking every day.
- You will experience in a fast-paced environment, ambitious team; we look forwards and continuously strive to be the best.
- You will be part of a team that values integrity; we support each other and keep our promises.
- You will be able to work freely, flexibly and true to your authentic self; we champion diversity.
- You will be joining a global and diverse family that works together through the good times and bad; we care deeply about each other and our clients.
- You will experience what we call – Temenosity!
We value applications from people from all walks of life; if you are excited to be part of our journey and want to make a real impact, we would love to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Banking Software Company