Director, Investor Relations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere.
Our values: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game, are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
Zip has recently joined the ASX 200 and is looking to adopt a more proactive, planned, and structured approach to its interactions with the investment community.
In a newly created position and reporting to the CFO, the Director of Investor Relations will work closely with the CEO, and COO (Co-Founders and Executive Directors) and other members of the Executive Team to design and execute Zip’s investor relations strategy directed at the investment community, including current and prospective shareholders and research analysts.
This role will play a key part in managing external relationships, developing strategic messages, and assuring strong and consistent communication with the investment community. The qualified candidate will be able to successfully interact at a senior level in the organization and possess strong executive presence and strategic understanding of the company and the payments landscape.
What you'll do
- Design and implement a proactive investor relations strategy and plan that is aligned with Zip’s corporate goals
- Organise the development of communication materials (investor presentations, Q&A, scripts, key messages/talking points, etc.) in collaboration with the Executive Team in preparation for investor and analyst events, roadshows, conferences, one-on-one meetings, and announcements.
- Create and manage a strong reputation by demonstrating consistent and clear communication between internal and external parties.
- Interact with the investment community on behalf of Zip and be proficient at communicating the company mission and vision.
- Develop and maintain investor and analyst relationships; Handle day-to-day inquiries, ensuring that information provided is consistent and aligns to agreed messaging / financial metrics.
- Accompany executive leadership at investor conferences with institutional investors and analysts. Plan and lead special analyst and investor events.
What you'll bring
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience serving in an investor relations role of increasing scope and seniority from within an ASX 100/200 organisation
- Experience in equity research, corporate strategy, finance or corporate communications in the payments industry is strongly preferred.
- Executive presence and significant experience working with and influencing senior teams/executives.
- Successful track record of interfacing with the investment community and established relationships with investors and analysts.
- Intimately familiar with financial modelling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment and the highest level of discretion
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, variable and deadline-driven environment
- An enthusiastic, team player and self-starter; you have an unwavering commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- A proactive, strategic approach to investor relations and communications.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and proven ability to interact with all stakeholders effectively and credibly.
Bonus points for
- Experience organising and managing investor roadshows, investor events, conferences, one on one’s.
- Experience overseeing the announcement of all financial results (Annual, Half Yearly, Quarterly), including the preparation of scripted remarks and accompanying slides, press releases, anticipated Q&A, and other related materials.
- Experience conduct ongoing benchmarking and analysis of peers and industry trends to inform best-in-class IR program as the company grows.
- Degree qualified, with and MBA a plus, or equivalent payments industry experience.
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.