大数据工程师 Big Data Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
This role be responsible for working with PayPal business units and teams to design, develop and deliver data solutions on one of the largest data platforms.Job Description:
- Design, develop and maintain Big data platform, using cutting edge Spark and Hadoop technologies.
- Support solutions’ integration to the monitoring system during normal course of work, and collaborate with different partners (e.g. modelers, analysts) to understand the requirement.
- Look for improvement opportunities with business impact, participate in the formulations and implementation of processes, procedures, and policies for GRDS Live monitoring and Data preparation team.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 3+ years related professional experience or Master’s degree and 2+ year. Level will be determined based on experience.
- Solid foundation of Java/Scala.
- Experience with Spark, have good knowledge of Big Data tools, such as Pig, Hive.
- Have passion in building and supporting data driven system.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing system.
- Strong in problem solving. Ability to solve ongoing issues with the cluster.
- Experience with messaging systems, such as Kafka is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal