Principal Technical Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re passionate about helping banks to perform better, so we solely focus on creating banking software. Temenos offers cloud-native, cloud-agnostic, API-first digital banking, core banking, payments, fund management, and wealth management software products, enabling banks to deliver consistent, frictionless customer journeys and achieve market-leading cost/income performance. Our products combine the richest end-to-end packaged country model bank functionality and the most advanced technology, helping our clients go-live faster, giving them the freedom to innovate and deliver personalized experiences.
We are technology first, with 700+ published APIs, we partner with 100+ Fintechs in our marketplace. We have been recognized year after year by Gartner, IBS, and Forrester for our award-winning solutions.
Temenos is the 4th largest European Software company, with over 3000 clients in 150 countries. We are proud of our 7500+ Temenosians working across the globe to make banking better!
THE ROLEInterface between the project team and client, ensures all actions are taken to fully satisfy the client within the project scope in technical nature. Focus on complex problems, lead the Technical teams in resolving issues, challenging both colleagues and clients when required and demonstrate proven Stakeholder Management Skills. Act as point of escalation for multiple projects and understand client Issues, challenge and present plans to resolve.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIESSpecialize in two areas: Technical architecture and best use of TEMENOS Client services tools; Configuration of TEMENOS products or interfaces with products; Data migration; Performance tuning. Architectural leader and advisor.
- Design technical solutions compatible with business solutions, agreed requirements, contractual obligations and project plans. Commercially astute when advising a Client. Ambassador for product solutions through customer engagement. Identify, evaluate and offer mitigation strategies for technical risks.
- Provide advice and guidance to Clients on optimal implementation of products within Client’s infrastructure, achieving non-functional characteristics, high availability, disaster recovery associated testing strategy.
- Represent Temenos within project/ program Design Authority to promote benefits of Reference Architectures, Core. Product and Model Bank, and adhering to the governing principles.
- Provide link between project team and Development Teams and Technology Product Group in respect of Reference Architecture and Sizing information.
- Help Project Manager prevent scope creep, eliminating design and delivery of inconsistent solutions and providing transparency on the entire solution design process.
- Help the Technical Consulting and architectural elements of Temenos Implementation Methodology (TIM) understood by the Client. Help Project Manager negotiate and agree any specific technical or architectural divergences from TIM with the Client and communicate to project team members.
- Review and supervision technical System Amendment Requests, process changes (L1 Developments). Develop robust and viable architecture related to customer value and business benefit.
- Ownership for applying leading practice in terms of methodology and component re-use, covering Temenos footprint. Coaching and mentoring of Technical Consultants.
- Advise and guidance Client on environment management and release control between various pre-live environments. Obtaining Client agreement on proposed solutions. Completing Solution Design Document for technical areas as defined in work package.
- Define technical solution for customization and configuration needs for products as per technical definitions. Ensuring completion of architectural schemas and Interface design.
- Supporting Non-functional (NFT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT. Liaise with maintenance groups to ensure product problems identified are understood and resolved.
- Lead installation of custom enhancements and final validation on technical set-up. Conduct testing to ensure user acceptance and global quality of solution delivered.
- SKILLS & EXPERIENCE7 years experience in software technical consultancy including T24 implementation in banking environment.
- Knowledge of Transact Product Architecture and possible Deployment architectures, Transact API framework.
- Skill with tools for development/testing of Transact API’s.
- Understanding of RDBMS; knowledge of MSSQL, DB2 and Oracle RDMS.Exposure to mainframes. Java VMs and artefacts, performance tuning, JMS; Integration Componentisation; ESB for event driven messaging and orchestration; Internet Security.
- WHY TEMENOSYou will work at the cutting edge of technology innovation; we challenge the status quo and are transforming banking every day.
- You will experience in a fast-paced environment, ambitious team; we look forwards and continuously strive to be the best.
- You will be part of a team that values integrity; we support each other and keep our promises.
- You will be able to work freely, flexibly and true to your authentic self; we champion diversity.
- You will be joining a global and diverse family that works together through the good times and bad; we care deeply about each other and our clients.
- You will experience what we call – Temenosity!
We value applications from people from all walks of life; if you are excited to be part of our journey and want to make a real impact, we would love to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Banking Software Company