Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 6 million members and has earned its customers trust with new banking and investment capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less. From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
KL Engineering hub is the largest engineering center empowering MoneyLion. Our strong engineering team in KL consist of Backend, Frontend, Mobile, Quality Assurance, Site Reliability Engineering, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence teams serve as the technology backbone for MoneyLion financial membership.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance, and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health. MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate in building software. Join our cutting edge engineering team to revolutionize the Fintech industry. You will design, implementation, testing, and deployment of Microservices and RESTful APIs that empower consumer financial products across desktop and mobile.
What you’ll do
- Developing innovative features in the Fintech industry.
- Participating in architecting and implementing event-driven architecture.
- Working with industry standards of CI/CD best practices at enterprise level.
- Experienced in any relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MSSQL.
- Experienced non-relational databases such as MongoDB, DocumentDB, or CosmosDB.
- Experienced in web APIs of reasonable complexity.
- Familiar with distributed systems such as Publisher Subscriber, Message Queue, etc.
- Familiar with containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes.
- You have a Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 3+ years of experience building and developing software.
Technology stack we use:
Java, Spring Boot, Nodejs, ES6, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
(Don’t worry if you don’t know all of them right now, because you don’t have to)
What will your roadmap to join MoneyLion look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Live Coding - solving fun programming challenge
- Interview - Interview by the Hiring Managers
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please reapply after 6 months.*
About the Perks
- Work with one of the top tech teams in the country. We use a bunch of super cool tools and technologies that you can view here https://stackshare.io/moneylion/technology
- Competitive salary (Ka-ching!)
- Medical insurance for inpatient and outpatient treatment. We also provide dental and optical coverage.
- L&D blocks because we want you to continuously learn.
- Flexible working hours!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off. Yes, you read that right.
- Vacation Allowance. We pay you to take some time off.
- Phone Allowance
- Corporate Discounts with health clubs, airfare companies (applicable only when the pandemic ends), 5 star hotels in KL (wink wink) and coffee shops! (you wouldn’t want to miss this if you’re a coffee lover)
- Endless company events (weekly sharing sessions, monthly book clubs, karaoke and even trivia days!)
- Employment Pass & EPF for expatriates.
- Be part of the most powerful financial membership in the world! We’re rewiring the banking system and we want you to join us. If not now, then when?
Your application has been successfully submitted.
America's most powerful financial membership