Cyber Security Systems Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role
This full-time permanent Cyber Security Systems Engineer role is based in Rydalmere. You will play a major role in engineering, deploying, and supporting the best cyber-secure systems and outcomes on customer projects, while working within the agreed envelope of scope, schedule, cost, and quality. In this role you will also contribute to bids and change requests through scoping, developing solutions, and estimating and reviewing effort and costs required to deliver an integrated cyber security capability.
You will be responsible for,
- Undertaking and supporting activities throughout the cyber security engineering lifecycle, such as requirements capture, risk assessment, design, implementation, integration, verification & validation, qualification, accreditation, deployment, acceptance, and ongoing operation of security functions and controls within a system or a complex system-of-systems.
- Working in one or more of Thales’ target domains. Cyber security activities are typically performed within a multi-disciplinary team of domain experts in the various aspects of the solution, and close collaboration is essential to align cybersecurity with bid or project scope, schedule, cost, and quality outcomes.
- Contributing to developing and improving the capability of the cyber security team, and increasing your professional and technical skills.
How About You?
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, or other relevant qualification, ideally with a focus or strong interest in cyber security
- Solid experience in developing high availability, high assurance, and distributed systems in rail, traffic, marine, aviation or another safety-critical discipline
- Experience in the end-to-end life cycle of engineering complex systems, including processes and responsibilities at each stage in the cycle
- Experience working in multi-skilled engineering teams within a matrix environment.
- An understanding of the main areas of cyber security and their application to the engineering of complex systems.
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.