Field Application Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales Japan has been present in Japan for more than 40 years and has been responsible for expanding our business as well as supporting the local users. Thales objectives are to be an active and recognised partner for the development of infrastructure in Japan and to cooperate with Japanese companies in the export market for defence, transportation, aerospace, space and security.
- Knowledge about wireless protocols and 2G/3G/4G/5G wireless network topology (Roaming, Handover, SMS, UMTS/GPRS, PPP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Automotive processes
- Knowledge of security aspects in IOT
- Knowledge of current IOT related standardization as well as market trends (3GPP, LTE, etc.)
- Experience in SW/HW testing and technical understanding of Thales DIS AIS IOT products
- HW education preferred (should be able to discuss schematics)
- Basic know-how in embedded programming. (Languages like C, Java, Linux)
- Be prepared for reasonable travel opportunities in the local region for support related work and attendance of training events in Europe
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in project management (Time-, Risk-, Cost management)
- Escalation management
- Building and maintaining customer relationship
- Fluent Japanese and English verbal and writing skills
- Knowledge of Quality Management and experience in manufacturing QM processes is regarded
- >3 years of experience in related field
Ideal person would be the one who has following characteristics:
- Highly self-motivated who takes own initiative
- Willing to travel abroad and do customer visits
- Customer-oriented mind set, without losing the Thales DIS AIS IOT perspective
- Very fast learner, without being afraid to build up knowledge in new areas
- Ability to work independently and successfully complete assignments
- Flexible in assuming tasks and short term reprioritization
- Team player with the ability to communicate and act both within the group
- and across organizational borders
- Ability to work in multicultural/multinational environment
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.