This job is no longer accepting applications.
MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 4 million members and has earned its customers trust with new banking and investments capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less.
From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
We’re looking for a well-rounded engineer that is proficient in both API design and architecting event-driven backend systems. Join our amazing team of visionaries, and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry. You will play a critical part in the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of RESTful APIs that will serve as the backbone to our portfolio of consumer financial products across desktop and mobile.
Additionally, you will be instrumental in the architecture and implementation of a robust, scalable backend system responsible for handling millions of dollars’ worth of financial transactions. Our tech stack includes Java/Spring, Python, relational databases (PostgreSQL), data warehouse (Redshift), MongoDB, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
- Work alongside our data science, data engineering, and product engineering teams to create new AI services
- Architect and implement event-driven backend systems that run AI models and feature generation at scale
- Contribute to developing best practices for continuous integration and deployment
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
It’d be great if you check most of the boxes below but if you are a fun and passionate individual who codes for your life, we can overlook some of them ;)
- You have experience working with APIs of reasonable complexity.
- You understand Java is more than just coffee, and pretty good at using it.
- You have experience working with data warehouse such as Redshift.
- You have experience operationalizing AI models.
- You are familiar with technology used in distributed systems (pub/sub / k8s / docker) with actual implementation (side/hobby project).
- You have the ability to share strengths and weaknesses of a design choice when asked about delivery options.
- You will communicate to resolve conflicts and likes to build a good relationship with your team members.
- You have a minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 3+ years of experience building and developing amazing technology platforms.
About the Perks
- Work with one of the top tech teams in the country. We use a bunch of super cool tools and technologies that you can view here https://stackshare.io/moneylion/technology
- Competitive salary (Ka-ching!)
- Medical insurance for inpatient and outpatient treatment. We also provide dental and optical coverage.
- L&D blocks because we want you to continuously learn.
- Flexible working hours!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off. Yes, you read that right.
- Vacation Allowance. We pay you to take some time off.
- Phone Allowance
- Corporate Discounts with health clubs, airfare companies (applicable only when the pandemic ends), 5 star hotels in KL (wink wink) and coffee shops! (you wouldn’t want to miss this if you’re a coffee lover)
- Endless company events (weekly sharing sessions, monthly book clubs, karaoke and even trivia days!)
- Employment Pass & EPF for expatriates.
- Be part of the most powerful financial membership in the world! We’re rewiring the banking system and we want you to join us. If not now, then when?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Sample test - To be discussed in the technical round
- Take-home assignment - To be discussed in the technical round
- Interview - Technical Test & Interview by the Hiring Manager
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please re-apply after 6 months.*
Your application has been successfully submitted.
America's most powerful financial membership