Director, Client Operations, Client Services Japan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. Client Services is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools.
We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
Client Operations team in Client Services Japan is a newly created and established team, which works with issuers and acquirers to deliver services, and optimize their operations. This team will also need to work with other Visa internal stakeholders to provide services to the entire clients in Japan. This team will simplify and streamline point of contact interface for similarly-natured client inquiries and it will also centralize and consistent knowledge repository, especially on Visa rules, compliance, Visa Business News and Pricing, etc. for the entire issuers and acquirers in Japan.
What a Director does at Visa:
This role will have responsibility to serve as a central shared service to provide front-line operational supports to the Japanese clients, and it will need to manage multiple team members as well.
- Manage and lead team members directing workflow across resource base
- Ensure full alignment of team deliverables with core functional leaders in Japan (e.g., Client Relationship Management, Merchant Sales and Acquiring, and Client Services)
- Be a strategic partner with internal and external stakeholders to build strong relationship with them.
- Ensure the team is aligned with the business strategy to support business growth in Japan
- Lead, coach and grow a high performing team by providing clear direction and purpose
- Contribute to the career development of your team by providing coaching, guidance and opportunities to stretch capabilities
- Handle material escalations appropriately
- Inform and share with internal stakeholders about Japanese clients’ concerns/complaints accordingly.
- Handle the complex and the Japanese unique topics
- Manage and handle daily operational supports for the Japanese clients on Visa Rules, Compliance matters, Visa Business News inquiries, as well as client onboarding and Global Operating Certificates.
- Engage and enable new client onboarding including Fintech clients
- Broadly and directly engage with all internal, global stakeholder organizations including Client Services, Sales, Product, Risk and Legal, etc., for clients’ inquiries.
- Require interaction with resources at all levels of the organization, both internally at Visa and externally with clients.
- Understand and support market strategies
- Co-work with internal stakeholders to meet market or client specific needs
- Provide proactive operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost-efficient manner while managing costs
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and Visa services
Why this is important to Visa
This team serves as a single contact point for Visa Japanese clients on operational matters, and simultaneously Visa can improve to provide operational service and handling of client requests
What you will need:
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience
- Overall 12+ years of experience in the Japan payment industry
- Strong operational aptitude with the ability of absorb operational information
- Strong and deep knowledge over Visa business in Japan, including Visa Rules, Pricing, Licensing Structure in Japan and IRF, etc.
- Excellent people management experience (with 5+ years of Team management experience)
- Experience in working in cross functional teams and in managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Be able to communicate complex, operational concepts in a focused and well organized manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be a quick learner with details, able to follow up the request and respond to client timely
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Demonstrate success in customer relationship
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent language proficiency in business English and Japanese.
- Strong local market and regulatory knowledge and functional experience in bankcard operations, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills.
- Excellent language proficiency (verbal and written) in business English and Japanese
What will also help:
This position is responsible for ensuring overall effective and efficient operational support and act as an advocate on behalf of Visa’s clients operational business needs to internal stakeholders. The candidate will work with clients to support their operations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions