Sr. Business Development Manager, Sales, Korea & Mongolia
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
This position is part of the Client Relationship Management team in Korea responsible for managing Visa's key clients through relationship management and business development activities.
What a Senior BDM does at Visa:
- Responsible for managing key clients with discipline of Visa Korea client coverage model and develop and execute client account plan with strategic focus
- Achieve Visa objectives defined through AE Scorecard with specific client gross revenue, net revenue, market share, and payment volume targets
- Development and execution of client deals, opportunities, and business activities collaborating with cross functional team
- Present and commercialize new Visa services, products, and digital solutions to clients
- Delivery of projects which ensure profitable business for Visa and its client
- Communicate Visa business to clients effectively with precision
- Establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships with key client contacts
- Manage client through coordinating and fully utilizing Visa Playbook (Salesforce.com)
- Facilitate and direct internal Visa support areas in response to specific client requests and ensure the delivery of risk, marketing, product, operations and innovation support
- Co-ordinate and present regular business and industry updates during client engagement
- Develop business case justifications for investment decisions and propose to country management for approval
- Stay current and up to date with the latest innovation, digital trends, research, skills and education
- Champion bold ideas and new ways of doing things
Why this is important to Visa
- Your extensive knowledge of payments combined with proactive business development, sales proposals, strong communication and strategic approach will ensure strong revenue and profitability growth for Visa and the client
- You will be an energetic, high achiever that is able to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders to grow the clients business through meeting client needs
- You will have a passion for innovation and ability to navigate complex payment business to materialize new business opportunities and support the client to solve their business issues
- You will be a strategic thinker, competitive, and consultative with client engagement to ensure Visa deliver the maximum value to clients
- You will be in regular contact with senior management within Visa's business and that of the client and will build strong rapport through adding value to their respective business units
- You will develop and implement against an agreed client annual business plan which will be achieved through drawing upon internal and external stakeholders and by providing the client with Visa 360
- You will be goal driven to achieve account, revenue and volume growth targets while ensuring our client adopts Visa's new innovation solutions
What you will need:
- 8 – 10 years of proven sales experience with strong account management, project management skills, client relationship management, and business consultation experience from the relevant industry
- Ability to work independently without supervision, may coach and review the work of others
- Responsible for managing small projects or processes and providing guidance to other employees in job area
- Prefer knowledge and business experiences from bank or/and card payment industry with Credit, Debit, Commercial, Prepaid business, Online Payment, and merchant payment services etc.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and selling skills for internal and external
- Keeps client needs at the forefront of priorities and takes action to provide high quality solutions/ services that exceed expectations
- Adapt and recognize the appropriate mix of qualitative and quantitative input required to make an informed decision, particularly when prompt action is required
- Determine success criteria and key performance indicators for achievement of results and track and monitor progress against those criteria
- Encourage others to openly share and build on each other's new ideas, products or solutions
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating
- Show openness to new ideas, modifying viewpoints and direction in light of new information
- Quickly adapt to multiple changing work demands and priorities by adjusting style and tactics to fit the new circumstances
- Quickly recover from setbacks or failure by viewing as a lesson learned and trying again
- Actively promotes an environment of inclusion and diversity
- Communicates openly, honestly and respectfully – ensuring opinions are heard
- Proactively limit or mitigate unconscious biases when making decisions
- Leadership skills in areas of Integrity, Clients, People, Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration
- Ability to perform deal structuring, client negotiation with strategic sales approach, and create client proposal utilizing MS excel sheet, power point, and MS word
- Good English language skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Good analytical skills and financial acumen to understand the profitability of card payment economics
- Have mindset of digital curiosity and savvy – applying your knowledge to the way you work
- Ask challenging and stretching questions to stimulate innovative thinking
- Consistently search for innovative, more efficient ways to work and make incremental improvements to evicting processes or ways of doing business with internal or external clients
- Innovate quickly to create results when new, relevant information surfaces
What will also help:
- Experience in issuing and acquiring card business dealing with domestic payment processing, government policy making on payment industry, VAN (Value Added Network), payment gateway, digital wallet, FINTECHs, oversea remittance, and other experiences from payment ecosystem
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions