This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
The product division is made up of 6 teams and our main role is to innovate, design and create customer centric solutions. We are expected to execute a cohesive product strategy while collaborating across the organisation to deliver exceptional commercial outcomes.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of Tyro’s key strategic projects. You will be a key team member in large-scale projects and the associated deliverables that positions Tyro at a competitive advantage. You will be reporting to the Head of Product Execution and work alongside many cross functional stakeholders. You will be required to use your superior business analysis and project management experience and skills to engage, excite and navigate stakeholders through the execution of large-scale initiatives.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with teams within Product and other Tyro teams (Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance and Risk, etc) to understand, constructively challenge and capture business requirements and rationale
- Develop and manage regular project plan progress reports
- Clearly scoping project requirements, define project timelines, manage timelines and provide visibility to stakeholders
- Understand, articulate and document processes flows and standard operating procedures
- Utilise process oriented thinking to identify process inefficiencies within the Tyro environment and improvement opportunities
- Understand the interdependencies between business processes and technical capabilities
- Partner with stakeholders to design functions and features
- Identify best practices to influence the design of the functions and features
- Develop training materials and conduct user training to ensure consistent delivery of messaging across the teams
- Manage on-going requests and balance tactical enhancements with strategic enhancements
- Own the overall backlog and grooming of user stories to enable project delivery
What you'll need
- 2-3+ years of experience in business analysis work
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships across the business to achieve joint goals
- Demonstrated successful delivery of Banking functions and features
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent initiatives
- Experience in financial services or other regulated industries
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement frameworks
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence and Microsoft Office Suite.
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking