MTS 2, Technical Account Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
We are currently seeking a Technical Account Manager to join our Global Professional Services team in APAC focusing on Japan Merchants and Partners. This role is based in our Tokyo office.
As a Technical Account Manager, you should be an excellent technical and functional expert with ability to drive complex issue management. You will act as the main point of contact for technical issues affecting PayPal Partners, or Merchants.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with fast innovative thinking skills, exceptional technical skills, and a solid business acumen. As the Technical Account Manager, we will look for you to use your technology and business intelligence to help manage merchant and partner challenges. The role requires internal cross team participation with key internal stakeholder teams such as Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Engagement Management, and Sales.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-learner, passionate about problem solving and dedicated to our merchant’s success. Agility is a key attribute for the position and embodying a desire to be a Customer and Merchant Champion.
This job requires 15% travel.Job Description:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development with Product. Lead across multiple work streams and teams to maintain customer momentum.
- Develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders to understand merchant’s business needs and desired outcomes.
- Works directly with developers, merchant, and internal teams to ultimately upsell and upgrade PayPal’s product offerings with the merchant. Works directly with Partners and internal teams on post integration issues to provide technical support, consulting, and best practices.
- Installation and configuration of payment APIs, and commerce products.
- Identifies irregularities in functionality and unexpected behaviours with PayPal products and services.
- Develops in-depth technical documents for distribution to PayPal merchants.
- Ability to diagnose and identify issues with API’s, Code, Services, and Network connectivity.
- Ability to analyse a merchant’s business and identify opportunities for improvements and growth.
- Conducts test scenarios for technical issues with code, software, hardware, devices and endpoints.
- Communicates major technical issues to merchants in your portfolio.
- Identifies irregularities in functionality and unexpected behaviors with PayPal products and services.
- Develops and conducts demos of PayPal product functionality.
- Participates in the development of tools, systems and processes to improve product supportability.
- Be comfortable with change, particularly supporting an evolving product suite.
- Possess a desire to be a Customer Champion though customer empathy and advocacy.
- Loves interacting directly with our Strategic Partners to learn about their business and help them by matching PayPal products and services with their business opportunities.
- Enjoys solving complex technical challenges that may be required to get PayPal products and services to work end-to-end in our Partners’ environments.
- Prioritizes communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively adjust language to the target audience (CFO, CEO, Developer, etc.)
- Demonstrates their expertise in applying consultative methodologies and techniques to uncover potential new opportunities.
- While always respecting a healthy work life balance, is prepared for off business hours escalations if necessary, while being aware and work with geographic time sensitivities when triaging your tasks.
- Has strong understanding of PayPal products and services and the competitive landscape.
- Is a well-organized, self-motivated individual that can work independently with minimal direction.
- Depending on region (remove that comment): On call rotation responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s with5+ years of experience or Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in solution engineering or Technical management preferred.
- Troubleshooting experience with SOAP and REST environment needed.
- Experience with Web Services, SOAP, REST.
- Understanding of basic SQL Commands.
Our GPS Culture
- We deliver great solutions to our customers, merchants and partners: our customer-centric team brings creative and technical skills together to craft solutions for our customers across the globe.
- We drive innovation with a diverse team: with offices around the globe, GPS is dedicated to championing PayPal's core values of inclusion and innovation to empower all employees to learn and grow.
- We help each other through active collaboration, mentorship programs and global initiatives. Our diversity is our strength.
- We give back: GPS's Social Innovation programs have a positive impact on the community and help to develop a culture around the act of giving back, one team, and growth.
- A dynamic environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Excellent perks like generous leave policies and sabbatical after 5 years
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in PayPal’s success
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal