This job is no longer accepting applications.
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security. Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Secure deals with strategic airlines worth 50-150mil USD
- Sell additional digital services / new business models (including risk sharing offers)
- Interface with Airlines key stakeholders (CEO, Head of Engineering, Head of Procurement, Head of Marketing/Product)
- Capture connectivity market (wifi on board) growing at 20pc per annum
- Meet objectives in terms of booking order and margin set in the region of responsibility
- Manage bids for strategic deal, manage and lead all prospecting, marketing and promotions and negotiations in order to ensure the sale of In Flight Entertainment (IFE) products
- Strategic analysis of Sales Campaign and perform ad hoc competitor analysis
- Main point of contact and interface between Thales Singapore and HQ for IFE Sales activity
- Collect process and distribute information on competitors to marketing team
- Participate in IFE trade and industry shows
- Maintain an exemplary level of political, economic and competitive knowledge in the region of responsibility
- Maintain an exemplary knowledge of customers/operators and aviation environment, ensuring quality of the commercial and technical activity to the individual’s customers in region of responsibility
- Minimum Honors degree in Aerospace / Engineering / Business
- Strong background in Sales & Marketing with minimum 6 years experience in the aviation industry. Digital affinity would be an advantage.
- Able to perform clever gathering of and analyzing market intelligence
- Comfortable making formal presentations to senior executives in airlines independently
- Possess true cross-cultural abilities & understand Asian culture/business environment’s
- Strong analytical skills and full Excel proficiency
- Passionate character, team player and absolute integrity within the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to executive decision makers
- Frequent overseas travel (80% of the time) is expected and may need to travel at short notice
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.