SMB Account Executive
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As one of Afterpay's SMB Account Executives, you will help drive Afterpay’s continual growth by building relationships with prospective SMB (small and medium-sized business) merchants via both outbound business development and inbound leads. While there is a lot of room to learn and develop, we’re looking for a confidant outbound salesperson who knows their numbers, understands the full sales process and is comfortable getting on the phone!
Lastly, and most importantly, we want you to be passionate about Afterpay and what we stand for, for both our merchants and customers.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Outbound prospecting via cold calling to generate new opportunities
- Manage inbound leads with the focus of driving high conversion rates
- Sell and onboard SMBs and supporting OMNI channel expansion
- Follow sales and onboarding processes accurately to maximise yearly sales volumes
- Identify relevant new business opportunities, while highlighting Afterpay’s value proposition
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Afterpay, retail industry trends, and our competition
- Manage, tracking, and reporting on all sales activities and results using Salesforce
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- You will be comfortable with high volume cold-calling and business development
- You have experience using tools such as Salesforce or Aircall
- Your head will be abuzz with things we should be doing - managing your sales pipeline, interpreting data to support merchant conversations and meeting sales metrics and targets
- You may have previous retail or payments industry experience but this is not necessary
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.