Commercial Analytics Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
You will play a pivotal role in launching our product offering to New Zealand and in taking Klarna to the next Level!
We act as a bridge between the data models, organisation, products and business decisions. We build strategies by connecting them. Think of an analyst at Klarna as a “Swiss army knife”. We see Analytics at the heart of Klarna’s success and we are dedicated to the company forward with things all analysts have in common: a strong drive, curiosity, expert analytical skills and a great team spirit.
This is the merchant success team’s “CFO” that has the ownership over understanding the team’s portfolio P&L and the underlying performance. You will be involved early in the sales process and helping the team understand the market returns and suggest where to focus from a profitability perspective. From an early stage you will take ownership over the full P&L impact and make decisions that will benefit the team and Klarna.
You will be responsible for working closely with the merchant and consumer underwriting teams as well as the teams for each of our live products in the Australian market. This person will manage merchant and consumer analytics, conversion, errands, profitability and fraud throughout the portfolio. You will support the creation of internal and external business cases, including pricing.
You will be expected to be proactive and a key decision maker within the team with the following responsibilities:
- Understanding the market dynamics within the team scope.
- Understanding the implications of pricing and underwriting.
- Providing recommendations based on data driven insights.
- Understanding both the Merchant and Klarna’s business by leveraging internal and external data.
- Coming up with different scenarios to support negotiation strategies.
- Monitoring performance in order to find ways to optimise for both the Merchant and Klarna.
You should have:
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering or Business).
- Applicable work experience, at least 4 years within a Finance/Data environment.
- A particular focus on Fintech and Retail is preferable but not essential.
- The ability to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as understand programming languages (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C# etc…)
You might also have:
- Professional qualification(s) in Accounting or related Banking/Finance fields.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving.
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Strong conceptual ability.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.