Senior Mobile Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 4 million members and has earned its customers trust with new banking and investments capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less.
From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
MoneyLion was an early adopter of React Native. We currently maintain one of the richest React Native applications on the app stores. As a RN engineer, you’ll come to us having experienced many aspects of RN development, from state management to creating lovely interfaces.
The MoneyLion mobile team prides itself on good communication, documentation, and instrumentation. With a fast-growing user base, and hundreds of thousands of daily active users, stability and awesome UX are our top priorities. You will be essential in contributing to the platform as a whole, making sure our features are performing well (and look great). You'll work closely with design, product, and the rest of the engineering team to help ensure a holistic experience for our users and maintain a solid foundation to make the ML membership even more valuable.
- Work with a cross-functional team to plan and develop new features for the MoneyLion mobile app
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Support QA team on testing and debugging
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends, and suggest new products and tools that would improve the development process, and application quality
- Identify high-level architectural problems and design the solutions
- Coach junior engineers
- Align business goals with technical priorities, and provide constructive feedback that gives insights to feature owners
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer (tech lead will be a plus)
- Proven experience in building workable Mobile applications (native, react native or hybrid), as well as NodeJS applications (server-side)
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Functional Programming will be a plus
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
About the Perks
- Work with one of the top tech teams in the country. We use a bunch of super cool tools and technologies that you can view here https://stackshare.io/moneylion/technology
- Competitive salary (Ka-ching!)
- Medical insurance for inpatient and outpatient treatment. We also provide dental and optical coverage.
- L&D blocks because we want you to continuously learn.
- Flexible working hours!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off. Yes, you read that right.
- Vacation Allowance. We pay you to take some time off.
- Phone Allowance
- Corporate Discounts with health clubs, airfare companies (applicable only when the pandemic ends), 5 star hotels in KL (wink wink) and coffee shops! (you wouldn’t want to miss this if you’re a coffee lover)
- Endless company events (weekly sharing sessions, monthly book clubs, karaoke and even trivia days!)
- Employment Pass & EPF for expatriates.
- Be part of the most powerful financial membership in the world! We’re rewiring the banking system and we want you to join us. If not now, then when?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Phone Interview - Talent Acquisition Team
- Sample test - To be discussed in the technical round
- Conference call - Hiring Manager (Virtual)
- Take-home assignment - To be discussed in the technical round
- Interview - Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please re-apply after 6 months.*
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
America's most powerful financial membership