Business Development Manager, China
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Shopify, we are working towards our mission of making commerce better for everyone and empowering entrepreneurship, everywhere.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to accelerate our growth in China. This is a role focused on executing with key strategic players in the global ecommerce ecosystem. The goal is to work closely with key partnerships in flight to work closely with key partnerships in flight to rapidly increase Shopify’s footprint in the region. The role can be based in China or Singapore.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be part of a multi-person team to unlock growth in China, fitting right into Shopify’s Digital-by-Design (remote) working culture. This is a unique opportunity where you will be part of a new business line at Shopify to pioneer acquisition strategies and growth channels. You’ll be working most closely with the China team and reporting into the region’s head of market development. You will also collaborate closely with our global and regional teams to align the support you need.
Our team is made up of people who go above and beyond every single day. We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to be your authentic self, and the chance to work with some of the best in the business. All of that for the goal to promote entrepreneurship and help merchants thrive no matter where they are in their journey to independence.
What do you do here?
- Your job will be to help build a new business in China together with key strategic partners, focused on enabling exporting merchants to reach buyers around the world
- You are looking for opportunities that will benefit from your own entrepreneurial experience
- You will work at the cutting edge of of ecommerce where your impact will have high visibility
- You will have to find creative solutions to complex problems and have the persistence to see them executed
- You will conduct business planning, use data to inform decisions, and follow through with impact and performance tracking
- You will work cross functionally and regionally, learning and contributing to the Shopify APAC knowledge pool
Who are you?
- You worked in the ecommerce / Internet industry, and have a strong understanding of China export e-commerce ecosystems. That means payment systems, logistics, key apps, and channels relevant to China Export
- You have extensive experience in cross-border commerce in China and have worked to create programs to onboard and educate sellers
- You understand how to get things done with large companies
- You have experience in management, consulting, project management, business development in a top tier consultancy, software company, startup or a similar organization. You have strong business acumen and an ability to find shared wins. Experience in SaaS is a plus
- You have demonstrated strong stakeholder management skills in key projects across internal functions and with external partners and possess the ability to work with a diverse set of people
- You create straight-forward and easy-to-understand solutions to large, complex problems
- You have experience working for a global company and are excellent in working across time zones and cultures to get things done
- You have an entrepreneurial mind; if you’ve started a business of your own before, that would be great
- You believe in leading by influence, not authority.
- You are comfortable conducting professional presentations in both small groups and large-scale events
- You are a native Chinese-speaker (Mandarin), with professional or native-fluency in English. Should be strong in both written and verbal communications
- You are self-motivated, reliable and comfortable with working in a remote-working environment
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, people from all races, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business