Senior Director, AP Visa Direct Sales
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance and more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity. This Visa Direct Sales organization is the enabler in accelerating our regional sales efforts to establish Visa Direct as the best way to move money to consumers and businesses.
What a Sr Director, AP Visa Direct Sales does at Visa:
The Sr Director, Visa Direct Sales reports to the Global Visa Direct Sales Leader, with a dual reporting into the regional Merchant Sales & Acquiring leader. The role will lead sales acceleration for Visa Direct for the Asia Pacific region consisting of some of the highest growth countries around the world. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new ecosystem in the fast-moving world of payments and one of the most important initiatives at Visa. This role will be responsible for partnering with sales leaders to achieve aggressive sales targets and contributing to the continued growth of Visa Direct.
Why this is important to Visa
Visa Direct continues to be one of the key enablers of new flows growth for Visa. The ability to push funds to cards and accounts globally is a key growth engine for Visa and our customers. A successful candidate in this role will have a direct impact on the growth and evolution of this new business. The individual will work with clients in a sales capacity to showcase the value of the product suite and in turn enable our customers to deliver new value in the market. This digitization of funds impacts business and individuals across the globe, especially in underserved segments. Fundamentally, Visa Direct is a way to help people access their funds faster and in a secure manner.
Projects you will be a part of:
- Achieve or exceed aggressive sales targets for Visa Direct in the country
- Achieve annual sales goals for both merchant and acquirer sales of Visa Direct, in partnership with local sales teams
- Take clients through the sales cycle from prospecting to solutioning to deal structure to contract
- Develop sales strategy for sales acceleration, including determining high potential client targets, use cases, verticals, etc.
- Drive lead-generation and prospecting program and ensure good response to new leads coming in
- Drive four key workstreams for Visa Direct growth
- Work with existing Visa merchants and their Account Executives to cross-sell Visa Direct solution where a good fit exists
- Lead prospecting to non-Visa merchants to find the right contacts and build relationships, and sell where a good fit exists
- Identify and sell to acquirers, processors, gateways and FinTechs (i.e., “Enablers”) to have them add Visa Direct to their portfolio of offerings to their clients
- Develop and lead a reseller program to help those Enablers grow their new Visa Direct product offering
- Work with cross functional partners in the country to ensure we have what we need to be successful with our clients
- Work with local and global Visa Direct Product team to develop the go-to-market strategy and ensure we have the right value proposition and product construct to meet client needs
- Work with Regional Merchant and Acquiring teams to ensure cohesion and consistency for overall regional partners, priorities, and goals
- Work with Marketing to ensure our client facing materials are excellent and help accelerate the learning and sales process
- Work with Communications to share progress and growth to external audiences through a communication plan, PR, conference events, etc.
- Work with Finance to ensure appropriate incentive structure, modeling and incentive deal review structure and approval process
- Work with Legal to ensure client contracts that drive to successful outcomes for both Visa and our clients
- Work with Client Services to handoff from sale to implementation and ensure well-run projects
- Develop the sales strategy, including determining high potential markets, use cases, and verticals, and how to deploy our resources for optimal growth.
- Leverage market-sizing study along with regional deep dives to develop the target use cases and clients
- Develop strategies and work with constituents to get buy-in on new use cases, including the regional Visa Direct product team
- Liaise with global Visa Direct client team to understand their expansion plans and how that fits into regional growth
- Identify trends in each market where real-time payments can solve pain points and develop plans to target each
- Drive pipeline development and pipeline review process in the country
- Drive consolidation and roll-up of all pipelines and progress across multiple sales teams in the region to summary level and report back to Global Merchant & Acquiring and Visa Direct product leadership
- Lead regular pipeline review and problem solving sessions with the sales teams and help problem solve when client plans are stalled
- Support Europe MS&A executive in a regular Regional Commercial Steering Committee, including support on material development
- Ensure sellers are ready and able to sell Visa Direct to clients
- Work with the training liaison to drive initial and ongoing sales training across the client sales cycle
- Ensure sellers know about and have access to client-ready, legal approved sales materials
- Help sellers trouble-shoot and overcome client objections
- Develop and execute a process to capture client feedback on product and value-added services, and socialize with other Visa teams, in particular the VD Platform team
- Work with regional global VD product teams and operations to understand state of Issuer readiness, and state of client implementations and post-launch support
What you will need:
Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy and business growth with a proven record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines. This role will be responsible for partnering with sales leaders to achieve aggressive sales targets and contributing to the continued growth of Visa Direct. We will be working in an agile environment so this person must be influential in demonstrating the value of Visa Direct, proactive in ensuring we achieve our goals, and skilled in pivoting and adjusting as new information and lessons learned come to light.
What will also help:
This is a matrix, cross-functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant and acquiring sales, client consulting, marketing and corporate communications, legal, and finance to coordinate the end goal of achieving aspirational objectives.
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercialising technology products that delight customers
- Industry related and leadership experience, including experience leading commercialisation teams, product management, strategy organisation and/or management consulting
- Skilled problem-solver with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both verbal and written), and executive presence; must be able to interface with senior client executives
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to audiences in an approachable way to influence and drive adaption
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating across functional activities, and obtain buy-in
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Financial/payment industry knowledge required; push payments or real-time payments experience a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions