Senior Manager, PayPal Pay Later, Credit
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
This full-time role will manage PayPal Australia’s Pay Later products including PayPal Pay in 4 and Pay After Delivery, and any new deferred payment products in the future.
The position reports to the General Manager/Senior Director of PayPal Credit in Australia. The role will lead a cross-functional team and will partner with colleagues from numerous domains —including Marketing, Product, Finance, Credit Risk, PMO, Legal, Operations, Compliance & Analytics—to bring solutions to Australian consumers and merchants that help them market their products, maintain control over their finances and choose when and how they want to pay. This position has P&L and scorecard responsibility for the PayPal Pay in 4 product as well as additional programs such as Pay After Delivery (PAD), and future closed end capabilities that may be launched to allow PayPal to become the preferred provider of choice to merchants and consumers for deferred products.Job Description:
The role is responsible for six key deliverables:
- Stand up and scale the deferred payments businesses to exceed financial targets and deliver a strategic roadmap for the products
- Manage the P&L and deliver scorecard for Financial, Customer and Employee metrics
- Ensure alignment of both merchant and consumer PayPal Pay Later objectives with the PayPal Revolve Credit product objectives
- Drive halo and relevant value of PayPal Pay Later at a market level, including collaborating with local management teams to ensure PayPal Pay Later enables growth of the Consumer and Merchant portfolios
- Run the operating environment for Pay Later and deliver NPS goals
- Meet Regulatory & Compliance Obligations at a market level.
- The expected outcomes of successfully executing this role include; Merchants/PayPal customers using more PayPal credit products as a whole, increased perceived "membership value" associated with having a PayPal merchant account, predictable delivery of business goals and increased customer delight and loyalty.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the Australian payment environment, credit products including Buy Now Pay Later products is essential
- A knowledge of and passion for innovation in the merchant/consumer adoption of credit
- Experience in a range of business disciplines including product marketing, product development and management, financial planning & analysis, credit risk, and operations
- Experience navigating a highly matrixed, cross-functional, international environment
- Action-oriented with a strong and consistent track record of professional accomplishments
- Experience in building a high performing, engaged team
- Strategic thinker able to drive plans for PayPal Pay Later, including acquisition, partnership, eligibility expansion, product development and other growth opportunities
- BA degree or equivalent
Skills & Abilities required:
- Ability to operate as a generalist, routinely delivering commercial results
- A collaborative, commercial attitude able to drive integration with core BU and crystallise halo benefits for broader PayPal franchise
- Comfortable being a strong voice to advocate for the Australian market within a fast-growing global business, and communicate and influence at senior levels
- Strategic thinker able to drive aggressive growth plans and our credit business forward, including acquisition, partnership, eligibility expansion, new product development and other growth opportunities
- Able to handle ambiguity and uncertainty by creating structure and prioritising effectively
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work across time zones and available to travel periodically (primarily US)
What we offer
- Future career opportunities with international exposure via PayPal’s network of global locations
- A supportive and diverse environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn
- Flexible working conditions
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- A socially innovative company that helps communities worldwide through charitable giving or donation of time
- A green, sustainable working environment.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. PayPal is an interesting and rapidly growing company. We have first class facilities as well as comprehensive benefits. From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. It is this vigour and attitude that helps us execute well, every day. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities, and discover a place for you.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviours which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal