APAC Product Cash Treasury Manager
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
The APAC Product Cash Treasury Manager is integral to the strategy & execution of liquidity to support PayPal’s global business and is responsible for ensuring appropriate management of company’s financial resources in accordance to treasury policies and procedures.Job Description:
From a day-to-day Treasury operations perspective, the APAC Product Cash Treasury Manager will implement and manage cash forecasting models, ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and regulatory requirements, manage numerous bank accounts, and support key controls. The APAC Product Cash Manager will also advise on the design of product funds flow and collaborate with the Bank Admin team to stand up new bank accounts, funding sweeps or other banking and/or Treasury systems infrastructure to support new product rollouts at PayPal.
This position reports to the Head of Global Product Cash Management and works closely with Finance functions (such as Accounting, Tax, Intercompany Group, Controllership), other internal constituents (such as Legal, IT, Product), and external parties (particularly banking partners). The position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. It will suit a self-driven individual with an innovative and intellectually curious mindset.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support and provide oversight of day to day cash management operations, including cash and FX needs forecasting, in accordance with treasury policies and procedures to meet PayPal product liquidity and PayPal entities regulatory requirements
- Identify weaknesses and associated risks in our internal process controls and recommend mitigation of risks and reduction of repeat operational issues
- Document, maintain and update operational processes, exceptions to policies and cross-train
- Identify opportunities for and explore the build-out of critical tools to automate routine work where possible and address longer-term issues, partly through design of monitors, reports, dashboards & early warning mechanisms (with product and engineering teams)
- Understand product flows and any operational issues as it relates to payment rails
- Manage our bank relations and ensuring a functioning set-up while we expand to new countries or integrate new acquisitions
- Participate in the development of funds in/out processes for existing and new products. Work across business functions including Engineering, Compliance, Finance and Product/Platform.
- Participating in financial contract/ instrument review and negotiations
- Incident management, including tracking & reporting, and support settlement of customer activities for fiat and crypto flowing through the platform
- Support resolution of payment operational challenges (with internal and external teams)
- Execute on continuous improvement of our treasury & cash management tools, systems and processes, including cash flow, liquidity & FX forecasting, payments and reconciliations
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, and comfortable working with executive leadership
- Self-motivated and results oriented, a problem-solver who takes initiative and able to prioritize and execute tasks
- Intellectually curious, able to handle sensitive information, and to communicate and make decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to build strong internal and external relationships across geographies and functions, getting work done through others
- Team-oriented, cooperative and collaborative
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and autonomous environment
- 10 years+ of experience in the treasury function, preferably within regulated financial industries
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar related fields preferred. MBA, CFA, CTP a plus
- Fluency in English a must. Mandarin or Japanese fluency will be advantageous
Additional Job Description:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.