Director, Business Development Urban Mobility
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development Urban MobilityEnterprise Partnerships’ mission is to find and commercialize new areas for Mastercard’s technology and network by using Mastercard’s core competencies in new, different, and strategic ways. The group partners with leading enterprises in verticals such as smart cities, travel, and trade to address global opportunities. The focus is to bundle Mastercard’s assets with our partners’ assets to target and develop new ecosystems.
Mastercard Enterprise Partnerships (MEP) is leading Mastercard’s strategy in the Urban Mobility space working with cities, partners, and local Mastercard teams to be the technology partner of choice for delivery of scalable and frictionless urban mobility solutions.
The selected candidate will be responsible for leading MEP’s Urban Mobility work in Asia Pacific in collaboration with in-country Mastercard experts.
The goals of this position are to drive innovation, remove friction from mobility journeys, ensure seamless delivery of our partnership commitments, shape our Asia Pacific go to market approach, and position Mastercard as a key partner across the globe.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for the following key areas:
• Innovation: Building successful partnerships requires constant innovation both within the bounds of existing partnerships and in pursuit of new opportunities. The desire to innovate and ability to bring those innovations to life will be critically important to this role; leverage highlight innovative solutions to achieve scale
• Program Execution: Execution of up to a dozen separate and distinct partnership efforts; including driving engagement with multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Building new partnerships or extending existing partnerships: Identify key use cases and enhancements with our range of products to grow the partnerships and complement the key focus areas. Confirm market opportunities with external market engagement and develop related opportunity map and potential sector approach for regions and partners.
• Partnership Management: Understand changing partner needs and how those needs map to the Mastercard business; Foster strong external relationships; collaborate on new solutions; be viewed as a high-value asset to our partners, etc.
• Realizing Joint Partner Revenue Targets: Understand what will allow Mastercard and our partners to achieve our joint revenue objectives, remove barriers to attainment of those objectives, build and leverage relationships across multiple ecosystems to ensure adoption of Mastercard and partner solutions; provide input to enable product evolution.
To be successful in these assignments, we need to rely on the candidate’s strategic thinking, ability to bring about change, presentation skills, business modeling. Interpersonal skills are essential for obtaining the commitment of executive management and local resources.
Leading this work will give the candidate a unique opportunity to build a strong cross-functional network within Mastercard.
All about you:
• Possess at least 8 years of experience in driving innovative business partnerships in Transport/Automotive sector.
• Track record of building highly successful internal or external partnerships
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience or strong interest in working across global markets
• Understanding of payments a plus but not essential
• Must show drive/energy and encourage teamwork, integration & inclusion
• Sound business judgement, problem-solving, and analytical skills in multi-cultural and international environments
• Independent self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and with the ability to thrive as an individual or team contributor.
• Impactful influencer with ability to deploy a range of approaches to build consensus across Product and Market management teams for bold moves to enter new markets and to win
• Ability to manage multiple high priority efforts concurrently
• Strong analytic and financial modelling skills
• History of establishing and delivering on key performance indicators
• Detail orientation
• A proven history of bringing innovative ideas to life
• Understanding of Mastercard’s products and services preferred but not required
• Bachelors Degree in Business/Finance and MBA or equivalent preferredCorporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities