Senior Software Engineer (C# .NET)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement. Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Our mission is to provide high quality services in the domain of technology development and readiness – i.e. to provide technical development, consulting and implementation expertise for Chip, Contactless, Mobile and other emerging technologies. The objectives of the Mobile & Chip Service team include: Developing best practice tools to ease EMV chip migration, contactless implementation and ensure interoperability Providing specialized technical support and training to business partners including Regions, Vendors and Clients in Contactless, Mobile and EMV chip implementations Staying abreast of payment technology and undertaking emerging product research, development and evaluation. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help to support, design, enhance, build our web-based solutions meant for customers in an agile, fast-paced environment. You are expected to have full stack web development experience. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. Responsibilities: Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects in existing applications Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of web applications and RESTful APIs. Validate completed code and work closely with QA to resolve identified bugs in a timely manner. Provide efficient production support to assigned applications. Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets business and technical requirements Build and maintain relationships with global teams on software development, deployment, or support issues. This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting full stack web applications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core, jQuery, WCF, Entity Framework, SQL Server
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in web development using frameworks such as ReactJS, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core MVC, VueJS, Node JS
- Must have solid understanding on Agile development process and have experience on completing web-based software development under Agile process.
- Must have strong analytic and troubleshooting skills to address inquiries and resolve production issues in timely manner.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work well independently as well as within a team.
- Should be a self-starter and have ability, desire, and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in related fields.
- Preference given to candidates who have working experience and knowledge related to EMVCo, GlobalPlatform and Visa Chip Technology. Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.