Senior Consultant, Program Management
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement. Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Team Summary Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we bring the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business. The Client Delivery team is responsible for designing the client service experience for new solutions and delivering end-to-end client implementations for products, solutions, infrastructure, and new client onboarding. What a Senior Consultant, Program Management does at Visa: As a Program Manager, you will be an invaluable member of the Program Management arm of our Client Delivery team. You will be responsible for the effective execution of end-to-end Program Management of multiple initiatives supported by Visa’s Asia Pacific Client Services organization and aligned to strategic business objectives with Technology and Product partners. You will support the Program Management Leader in strengthening, and scaling our Program Management foundation, ensuring the team adopts agile practices, project/product delivery prioritization, providing a single point of contact for our partners to support execution and delivery of new products and projects across our region. The Program Manager will be comfortable in supporting a variety of program types - from business to technical and is well versed in meaningful Program Management Office (PMO) methodologies aimed at effective delivery through agile practices, prioritization, strong stakeholder management, effective and efficient problem solving, with a focus on ensuring we deliver the desired output and results of the program. In this role, you are expected to: Support Client Delivery partners in the iterative design, and optimization of Client Services business processes for new and existing products and solutions enabled in the Asia Pacific region, increasing effectiveness of delivery and partner engagement Leverage your strong commercial, technology, change management & project expertise to understand Visa’s business priorities, to then manage and support standardized execution and delivery to key stakeholders Partner with the project team, and cross-functional partners to drive the team toward alignment of program commitments with the highest quality delivery in a timely fashion Set priorities, manage client expectations and multi-task under tight deadlines Understand and execute successful program delivery, through adoption of essential PMO methodologies and disciplines Be an active contributor in the creation of a high-performing, supportive, and inclusive team culture Use effective communication skills to provide clear, concise, digestible, and proactive communication to stakeholders to ensure awareness and swiftly solve problems Orientation towards quality enhancement and process improvement Execute a workforce capacity planning model for the Client delivery function, and in line with current and future client and Visa business strategic goals, identify and align team resources with the required skills, competencies, and attributes, to implement high quality client and business project support Why this is important to Visa: Contributing to building the foundation and maturity of our Program Management function, fostering greater alignment across teams, stakeholders, and clients is critical in Visa’s positioning as a leader in our industry. This role is key to execute Visa’s strategy, through standardising execution of delivery to key stakeholders, and maximising resources to support key market business objectives. This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of experience in project management, and program management methodologies and disciplines
- Practical experience in managing and leading programs in an evolving business environment
- Strong client engagement and relationship management skills with a collaborative approach to stakeholder management, building and sustaining strong and trusted relationships with internal business partners
- Subject matter expertise in multiple areas such as card payment systems, products and services, program management, gained through years of experience supporting programs of work within a payment processing environment
- Collaborate and be a change agent within the team, and with cross functional partners, aligning teams, providing appropriate context, pivoting direction, working fast through ambiguity and prioritizing work to minimize churn
- Willingness to take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment and be flexible with multi-tasking and changing priorities
- High level communication and presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Excellent situational awareness – ability to work and adapt in a dynamic environment and recognize priority issues, escalating accordingly
- Skill and experience with process mapping and process automation, knowledge of workflow tools, Lean and / or Six Sigma experience, with the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve & Control) framework is desirable
- Proficient in both Agile and Waterfall Project Management methodologies
- Proficiency of standard MS Office tools (e.g., MS Planner, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Use data and key observations to proactively identify obstacles and drive for continuous improvement, identifying communication gaps, manage issue escalations, and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities What will also help:
- Aptitude to learn and upskill across program management standards and methodologies
- Experience of presenting in person and remotely to a range of stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Curious and motivated with a genuine desire to be across new program management methodologies, tools, and best practices Projects you will be a part of: This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Program Management team. You will play a critical role in executing with excellence, PMO methodologies, tools, and processes, which is critical for our business to drive and deliver key Visa projects and programs, in line with client and Visa business strategic goals. You will support the establishment of best practice to embed program management practices as a discipline within our Client Delivery team, and with cross functional partners. If you are passionate about efficient program delivery that meet key business needs, love to apply your business acumen to solve unique or complex problems, and get excited about transformation and continuous improvement, then this is the role for you. Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.