Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Strategy Manager sits at the core of Airwallex and will work across a number of functions to help drive growth in Australia and New Zealand. You will work closely with the commercial, marketing, and operations teams to drive cross-functional high-impact strategic projects.
- Create and deploy strategic initiatives – identify key growth opportunities in the ANZ region and devise and execute initiatives that support our various commercial, marketing, and product teams and increase their effectiveness. Your work will have a high impact on the course of the business
- Influence and collaborate – work effectively with various stakeholders in Sales, RevOps, Marketing and Operations to improve commercial processes and systems, including procedures, CRM systems, data analytics toolkits, etc. You will lead projects with cross-functional teams
- Facilitate commercial decision-making with market insights to build a deep understanding of customer needs and product capabilities (e.g. market mapping, competitor assessments). You will influence how we grow the business across the region
- Highly strategic and a structured thinker: you know how to analyse problems and solve them at their root
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and building from 0 to 1: you’re joining at a time of hypergrowth so you’ll need to be excited to build the plane as we fly it
- An owner with an entrepreneurial mindset: you own your work, your function, your results and everything in between and you know how to roll your sleeves up and creatively problem solve your way out of issues
- 4+ years of experience, preferably in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, or strategy-related equivalent
- Analytical thinker – You like working with data, and can use it to make actionable recommendations to grow the business
- Project management – You can prioritise effectively as well as lead multiple project workstreams concurrently and independently
- Strong track record of collaboration – You can effectively partner with sales, operations, marketing, and product
- Strong communication skills - you’re able to articulate complex concepts in a simple way
- Self-starter / entrepreneurial – You spot opportunities to make things better and take ownership over them
- Startup, tech, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment is preferred
- SQL and experience with BI tool (Tableau, Looker etc) preferred
You Will Get
- You’ll be offered a competitive salary, commissions structure & all the tools to allow you to do your best work
- You will have the support from a seasoned management team who cares about your career growth
- We want our employees to bring their best self to work & deliver the best outcomes so we offer equity to new starters
- Monthly Airwallex allowance on an Employee Card
- A collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen for breakfast & lunch
- The ability to make an impact and the freedom to be creative in a rapidly growing, global fintech.
- Regular team building and social events to enjoy more face to face time with colleagues
When you join Airwallex, You Choose "Bigger Growth Opportunities."
In 2022 as a Global business, we achieved the following:
- Series E stage, total funding of USD $900 Million, $5.5B valuation
- Expanded into new markets
- Forged partnerships with Shopify, Hubspot, Plaid, Trip Actions/Navan, Agoda, and Qantas
- We launched our Scholarship Partnership with The University of Melbourne
- Asia FinTech Awards: Team of the Year, Fintech of the Year
- Xero Awards Australia: Financial Services App of the Year
- Top 100 Women in Fintech: #40 Lucy Liu, Co-Founder of Airwallex
- Over 37% of our Australian team were promoted last year
Life At Airwallex
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Flexible working available, plus two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams and catered social lunches
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
✈️ Explore the world - You have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 3 months each year
🦄 Accelerate your career - We've reached consistent unicorn status and our people are a huge part of this. Airwallex is the place where you can grow to your full potential, with more than a third of our Australian team promoted last year
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.