Sales Development Representative
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our strong team of 600+ Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Successful candidates will receive comprehensive sales training geared toward your career development and with that the opportunity to progress within the business.
In this role, you will be selling Tyro's unique product suite to a range of inbound and primarily warm leads over the phone. Your pipeline will range from small to large businesses with a key focus to sell Tyro’s products and convey its value proposition. Our customers are spread across three main verticals; Hospitality, Retail & Health.
At Tyro, we are looking for like-minded individuals who want to be a part of a competitive, thriving and rewarding business.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed monthly sales targets and scorecard metrics, demonstrating consistent and sustained performance
- Generate and qualify new business for Tyro developing a sales funnel through outbound calls
- Foster strong relationships with our merchants by onboarding customers to the Tyro solution ensuring high Customer Satisfaction
- Clearly articulate Tyros products and pricing to merchants and differentiate competitor offerings
- Collaborate, communicate, and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure customers have an excellent onboarding experience
- Proactively seek to expand knowledge on Tyro’s products and services to stay up to date with any changes within the Banking industry maintaining Tyros strong risk culture
- Understand Tyro systems and process through a high level of attention to detail
- Maintain personal brand
- Display a competent level of business acumen
- Actively contribute to Tyro team culture
Skills & Experience
- No previous sales experience required
- A passion for sales with a willingness to learn and a great attitude to work
- High level of attention to detail through verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Be highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Experience in retail and hospitality would be an advantage
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 600 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together - We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.