Technical Partner Manager, China Market (Remote, Singapore)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
We are looking for a Technical Partner Manager to support our top partners’ development efforts in China. You will need to be product-minded and have strong technical skills to train new and support existing app development partners. You will be part of a multi-person team to unlock growth in the region. You will also collaborate closely with our global and regional teams to align the support you need.
Our team is made up of people who go above and beyond every single day. We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to be your authentic self, and the chance to work with some of the best in the business. All of that for the goal to promote entrepreneurship and help merchants thrive no matter where they are in their journey to independence.
What do you do here?
- Building on an APAC-focused strategy to make Shopify the best platform for developers to build on top of to support our merchants
- Managing relationships with our top app developer partners, providing them with remote education opportunities, support, feedback and tools to grow their businesses
- Aligning with both our local and global technology partners to understand merchant challenges and localization needs
- Communicating and aligning internally with other Product teams at to ensure continuity and provide insights with respect to Shopify’s global developer tools and programs
- Monitoring emerging tech and new commerce experiences while proactively surfacing opportunities that align with Shopify’s mission
- Ensuring integrations and app-related merchant support are owned and managed by technology partners, consistent with Shopify’s global standard
Who are you?
- You worked in the ecommerce / Internet industry, and have a strong understanding of China e-commerce ecosystems. That means payment systems, logistics, key apps, and channels
- You understand how to get things done with large companies
- A passion to grow Shopify and thrive as an industry leader
- You are a builder. Relating to app developers going deep on API discussions get you amped
- High degree of user empathy and curiosity. An understanding of user journeys and how to discover paths for improvement
- Experience in technical partner management or channel partnerships
- Comfort with analytics, making data-informed decisions, and a capability of performing basic data analysis (writing basic SQL queries)
- You are a native Chinese-speaker (strong preference for China-based Mandarin proficiency), with professional or native-fluency in English. Should be strong in both written and verbal communications.
- You are self-motivated, reliable and comfortable with working in a remote-working environment.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business