Head of APAC Expansion
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Global Authorisations and Expansion Department is one of the most cross-functional departments in Revolut, working with and supporting many of the other teams around the organisation. We are global expansion machines, regulatory and licensing experts, problem solvers and creators, with a strong collaborative and open culture. We are ultimately driven by the desire to open up Revolut to the widest possible audience around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
When you join the Expansion team at Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless. We’re looking for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data, whilst being able to deliver empathetically. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
Armed to the teeth with technology, we are diving deeper into the world of traditional banking, showing a lost generation that things can be done better. Things can be different. From tearing down financial borders to mending the broken trust, we are the disruption that is needed. The Expansion team is the engine, driving ambitious growth, making the impossible happen. We are looking for strong players to lead our mission as we continue to expand into Asia Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East, and beyond.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Being Entrepreneurial-Agents of Revolut - you’ll set up the company in international markets from start to finish
• Scoping new markets for Revolut to enter; advising and executing on entry and implementation strategy
• Developing strategic partnerships with regulators, key operational and growth partners in these regions
• Project-managing work-flow to launch the business in a particular country
• Executing scale operations and working with cross-functional teams in London and our global offices; from Operations to Finance, Legal and Compliance, Marketing and Communications, etc.
• Identifying key product, operational, licensing and growth opportunities for Revolut
• Work closely with the Global Authorisations (Licensing) team to deliver on Revolut’s ability to operate with a licence in your market
• Incorporating and setting up new offices in new countries
• Hiring local teams to handover operations after launching
• Building critical vendor relationships and performance tracking systems
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• You’re a natural entrepreneur - ability to spot opportunities for Revolut to snap up
• You’re familiar with the competitive finance and technology landscape in Asia Pacific
• You’re excellent at organisational and project management skills, and have a natural ability to break big tasks into smaller sub-tasks that can be monitored and tracked
• You have at least 5 years experience in consulting, regulatory analysis, expansion, fast-growing startups, or similar.
• You’re excellent at business English writing skills
• You have discerning ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
• You’re an excellent team player with ability to work closely with others to deliver results
• Demonstrate an ability to manage and communicate with various stakeholders within and out of the company
• You demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically, work empathetically
• You’re eager to learn and take on tasks out of the comfort zone
• You’re proactive and willing to volunteer to do what needs to be done
- You have started your own business before, or were a key founding member
- You have the ability to speak in a native language from any of the above regions
- You have a network of leaders in startup, finance, regulatory and public affairs to tap into
A LITTLE ABOUT US
When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 12 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Free Revolut Metal Subscription
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get more from your money