Commercial Manager - Enterprise
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
What you will do:
Within Klarna, the Partner Success teams have been created to ensure we become true partners to our merchants and a catalyst for boosting their sales growth and profitability. Partner Success teams are made up of several different competencies including Business Development, Marketing and Finance & Analytics and are supported by our Solutions & Delivery team.
This unique role is a hybrid Sales/Account management role where you own the merchant relationship from the sales pipeline (either working hand-in-hand with our Deal Generators together with the Merchant Success team) all the way through to growth-focused account management and overseeing the best possible experience for the merchant through partnering with us.
Day to day will see you:
- Shaping winning value propositions for our enterprise merchants.
- Participating in formal bids and pitches, working together with key stakeholders across Klarna (e.g. pricing, underwriting, legal etc.) and negotiating agreements.
- Together with the Solution’s Engineer having a deep and detailed understanding of Klarna’s products and assets in order to create solutions tailored to the merchant’s unique requirements.
- Overseeing the implementation by working closely with the Solution and Delivery team.
- Actively seeking and finding win-win solutions for both the Merchant and Klarna.
- Developing and managing strategic account plans which demonstrate a deep understanding of our merchants businesses and support both their growth objectives and our own.
- Working with Finance & Analytics to monitor merchant performance including consumer trends and behaviours.
- Acting as a consultant in shopping and e-commerce, ideally with a deep understanding across multiple verticals and segments that our Merchants operate in.
- Articulating Klarna's holistic value proposition as not only a payment method that increases conversion, but as a shopping and marketing network that can reduce the retailer's customer acquisition cost.
- Building and executing joint agreed business plans with partners or Merchants to drive mutual growth and success
- Building great relationships both on an executive, as well as on an individual level.
- Playing an important role in taking Klarna to the next level!
A bit about you:
- You have a demonstrated track record in building and nurturing relationships all the way up to CXO level, but still enjoy the thrill of deal generation and are willing to own the end-to-end sales/account management cycle.
- You’re an ambitious person with a significant drive to build up new business.
- You have a growth mindset and understand how to collaborate within the Merchant Success team and with broader teams to achieve collective outcomes.
- You are structured by nature, and like to achieve measurable goals.
- You’re passionate about your job and enjoy fast-paced international working environments.
- You have a desire to go above and beyond to produce the best results.
- You are obsessed about understanding your clients' needs, developing their business and becoming a true business partner.
You should have:
- 4+ years of relevant Business Development, Account Management or Partner Management - experience ideally in an e-commerce, financial services or payments environment.
- A wide network of established relationships within the Australian retail market
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
- Strong commercial acumen - the ability to critically analyse and interpret data independently, supported as required by the F&A analyst.
- A Bachelor's degree in business or other related fields.
- Experience working at a high growth tech company is highly preferred.
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Top tier health insurance with all the extras for you and any dependants/defacto you may have!
- Life and income protection insurance
- $500 annual health and wellness allowance
- On Thursday lunch is on us - We love a good catered lunch!
- Weekly and monthly office celebrations
- Secondments - AKA The chance to work in one of our offices in EU or the US - once the borders reopen of course!
- Personal and professional development and training
- Flexible working arrangements - Monday, Wednesday and Friday work from anywhere :)
Your application has been successfully submitted.