Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of projects from initiation through delivery.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Creates project charters to identify project scope, critical success factors, risks, etc.
- Manages the project work plan and holds the team and project resources accountable to variances in budget and hours.
- Possess thorough understanding of estimation, letters of agreement, master service agreements, staffing model, average bill rates and cost structure by level.
- Interacts with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams.
- Oversees schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May include managing the customization of base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification may be required.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, e.g., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of company’s products and services
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests