Senior Data Protection Specialist
What we do
Founded in 2011, Coda Payments (“Coda”) is the leading provider of secure, cross-border monetisation solutions for digital products and services in more than 60 markets. Through our three services: Codashop, xShop, and Codapay, we help top digital content publishers worldwide such as Activision Blizzard (Call of Duty: Mobile, Diablo Immortal), Riot Games (VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift), Moonton (Mobile Legends: Bang Bang), Garena (Free Fire), Tencent (PUBG Mobile), beIN, Bigo Live, Tinder, and Viu to monetise their content and unlock new revenue streams.
Headquartered in Singapore, Coda has 11+ offices and 35+ remote locations worldwide. To date, we have over 500 employees of 42 nationalities working together towards the same mission: to offer our customers the best value, experience and entertainment every day, without fail.
In 2022, we have also been named the 5th fastest growing fintech company in the APAC by the Financial Times, the 13th fastest growing company in Singapore by the Straits Times, and a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum.Responsibilities:
- Promoting and encouraging a culture of data privacy across the organization by implementing privacy awareness plans, updating training materials and by providing frequent privacy training
- Help build and support a network of privacy champions across business functions in order to scale the program in delivering assessments, training and resolve queries
- Managing the communications with data subjects and handling any request they have and supporting the DPO regarding privacy complaints.
- Updating ROPA’s, data mapping sheets and executing privacy impact assessments
- Maintaining privacy control over third party vendors via third party risk assessments and supporting the privacy counsel with data processing agreements
- Advice and monitor data breach incidents by managing the breach investigations, notification assessment to the regulators as well as our partners and vendors
- Managing user consents and cookies through OneTrust platforms
- Undertake legal research and horizon scanning and report to the DPO on emerging privacy and data protection laws and guidance
- Work to ensure that data protection and relevant best practices are fully integrated into the compliance framework of the business
- Qualified to practice law and in good standing in APAC jurisdiction.
- 5 or more years' of post qualifications experience, at least 3 years in managing privacy legal and regulatory matters
- OneTrust Privacy Professional certification
- CIPP - E / A/ US certification or readiness to get one.
- Knowledge of global data protection laws and practices, including EU-GDPR, UK-GDPR, Singapore PDPA, CCPA, CPRA and LGPD
- Proven work experience in dealing with EU-GDPR, UK-GDPR, Singapore PDPA, CCPA and CPRA
- Proven experience with privacy accountability, including ROPA’s, Privacy Impact Assessment, Breach Analysis and Reporting, Data Mapping and Third Party Control
- Proven experience with privacy awareness, including privacy training and implementing awareness plans
- Proven experience with data subjects, including handling of DSRR and cookie management
- Prior experience in a global FinTech, eCommerce and payments services industry
- Excellent written and communication skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the business
Working at Coda
Life at Coda is fast-paced, challenging, and fun. As a rapidly growing global company, we’re always looking to step up and adapt to changes quickly; there is never a dull day at Coda.
Nonetheless, we value work-life balance as much as you do. At Coda, remote and flexible working arrangements take centre stage for Codans to work smartly and have autonomy in how they work.
We make things happen in the most impactful and effective manner. We are looking for someone eager to initiate new ideas, hungry to contribute more, derives satisfaction from team wins rather than individual ones, and values integrity. If this sounds like you, you will fit perfectly into our Coda team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, age, religion, disability, or other local protected class. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment for all employees, and we welcome the diversity that you will bring!
We are sorry to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified as we may be overwhelmed by the number of applicants coming into our system; hence if you do not get a reply from us - don’t give up on us just yet!
We encourage you also to check out our career site at https://www.codapayments.com/careers - we may have other suitable openings for you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are the platform of choice for taking life's digital experiences over the top.