Principal Developer - SME
We’re MYOB, and we’ve built the first Business Management Platform in Australia! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Our Tech team are true heroes. They’ve taken our legacy success and transformed it into an extraordinary SaaS platform to support SME and Enterprise businesses in ways they never knew they needed. By joining the Tech team, you’ll be an integral part of building our all-in-one business management platform.
We are looking for a Principal Developer to provide technical leadership, coaching, and guidance to our teams in the Employer's Domain.
As a principal within the team and across the domain you will form, communicate and lead a clear technical vision and strategy. You will collaborate closely with your team peers in Melbourne as well as your delivery and engineering leads. You are a hands-on practitioner, leader, mentor, and coach.
If you are excited by the idea of being part of a team dedicated to championing improvement and want to join us on our journey, we would love to hear from you.
What you will do
As Principal Developer you will contribute to the team culture, ways of working and outcomes the team achieves, while helping to mentor and grow our future engineers.
- Collaborate in an agile space to define, refine and complete incrementally move to a technical vision whilst delivering phenomenal customer experiences.
- Support breaking business problems into small initiatives to deliver value to customers incrementally.
- You will work closely with architects, principal engineers and other technical leaders making tech decisions for the future of MYOB.
- Solve complex problems with innovative solutions to help improve and run our platform across AWS and Azure.
What skills you will need
- Technical leadership and the ability to communicate ideas, processes, concepts and practices clearly
- An ability to deliver well-designed, high quality and robust solutions.
- Open to working across all our systems and conventions including c#, SCALA, Kotlin, Ruby, Node, Java and Lau)
- Experienced in one of the key public cloud offerings.
- Experience using a modern CI/CD tooling suite with knowledge of the best practices.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎥 See what it's like to work at MYOB and what we're all about.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.